Upper radiator guard

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by fatshoutybloke, Jun 26, 2015.

1. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I've posted this elsewhere but I thought I'd share it on VFRWorld as well. After a tale of woe from one of the guys on the UK VFR forum when a stone in his radiator caused his bike to overheat - http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=128775 - it's obvious the top rad is in direct line with the gap between the forks with no protection from flying debris and needs some sort of guard. R&G (famous over here for their crash protectors) make guards for a range of bikes and have just started making them for the new VFR so I bought one. Clear instructions included and also available on their website (except I'd suggest also removing one more piece of the inner black fairing each side to improve access) and easy to fit. It attaches using the radiator mounting bolts on the left side and two cable ties ('zip ties' to you!) on the right. Very neat.

Rad guard left.jpg Rad guard right.jpg Also.jpg

4corsa likes this.
  2. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers for the heads up on the radiator guard ..... I've always put them on my bikes and was wondering if there was one made for the new VFR, I bought a stainless steel one from R & G for £85, not cheap but worth the peace of mind

Update
    I sent the stainless steel one back as it obstructed about 60% of the air flow and had 10mm slots cut in it instead of being of mesh construction like the alloy ones, they had used the image of a silver mesh one to wrongly illustrate what it looked like

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015