Vf500 Marving Silencers (pipes, mufflers, exhausts)

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by jeremyr62, Nov 5, 2017.

1. jeremyr62

jeremyr62 New Member

Ireland
    Map
    Bought a pair of these to fit the VF500F I am refurbishing. They are Italian in origin but no idea if they are actually made there. Just about the only semi decent aftermarket option left I think. They are decent enough. Mild steel, black chrome finish. Not as good as OE, but the OE are so rare in decent condition I have given up trying to find a pair. I suspect they would not hold up to salty roads too well. They sit a bit higher than the OE.
    Pictures in the google photos link. The Marving is on the left.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/nUZESxFhcUAw5wix1

Joel Delman likes this.
  2. Joel Delman

Joel Delman New Member

United States
    Map
    Nice to know there's an option out there that keeps a fairly stock look... Thanks for posting this.

3. Mind_Surfer

Mind_Surfer New Member

United States
    Jeremy have you seen the stainless 4 into 1 from predator Motorsports?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

4. jeremyr62

jeremyr62 New Member

Ireland
    Map
    Yep, not in the flesh but advertised and attached to bikes. I recall reading it did nothing for performance. I think you can still buy it new from the UK. They make it to order. Back in the day there were a few more options but now not so many. I like the stock look myself. There was a brand in the UK called Motad that made a N-eta muffler that looked good. Again they went bust so none of them to be had. Not sure there were ever many 4-2-1 of 4-1 systems made for the VF500. I do actually have a LASER 4-1 but it's in pretty crappy condition, and the fit and finish is awful so I have never had it attached. Maybe one day.

Mind_Surfer likes this.