VFR 1200 Screen

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by ibrakeformoose, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ibrakeformoose

ibrakeformoose New Member

Has anyone a recommendation for a higher screen or do I just buy Honda's additional one?

I have only done a few miles on my new VFR and find the screen to be REALLY noisy..

I have other bikes, so its not my Arai! :smile:

Thanks!!

2. fasterspider

fasterspider New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm in the USA and just picked up the prototype Zero Gravity Sport Tourer and it is a very effective at stopping the buffetting my 6'3" body had to deal with stock.
    The Sport Tourer is about 6" - 8" taller and smoked.
    [​IMG]
    It used to be like riding my naked CBX until I put that large Sport Tourer on there, what a difference.

3. ibrakeformoose

Thanks for that.. I don't think I can get one over here in the UK, so will shop around.. mine is just so noisy, its worse than my FJR1300 used to be!!

I have a series of naked machines, and they're all quieter..

4. fasterspider

fasterspider New Member

United States
    Map
    My other bike is a naked 79 CBX, she is a hard ride at 90-100mph where as my VFR does not even know she is going that fast until I realize that I am going twice as fast as everyone else and slow down.

5. 1GONZO

1GONZO New Member

Map
    Zero Gravity sport tourer windscreen

Hello, I tried to get a windscreen from ZG and the lady did not know anything about it. Where did you purchase yours? Is there a pdf on how to install? thanks in advance.

6. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
  7. 1GONZO

1GONZO New Member

Map
    I was told by Shelby @ ZG to check back with her in about 2 weeks, somewhere around May 11, 12. There were some issues with the screens or something but it is supposed to be ironed-out soon. I want the Sport Tourer windscreen.

8. Rocker66

Rocker66 New Member

I have fitted the Honda vario screen which works fine for me

9. gsig

gsig New Member

Rocker66, for me the standard screen is great from a turbulence perspective but it is VERY noisy. Do find the honda vario screen quiter than the standard one. Was it easy to fit?

10. Rocker66

Rocker66 New Member

hI GSIG. The Vario screen is quiet for me 5' 9" tall but it may depend on height. The advantage is that you can adjust it to suit your requirements. as to fitting it was very easy for me as i just asked the guys at kent M/Cs to fit it. yes I live quite near you in Ashford and work even closer at Tonbridge railway station.
    I hope this helps

11. ibrakeformoose

Well, I have now tried four different aftermarket screens and nothing is significantly better (the Givi one is reasonable)..

I'm going to try doing one more thing to the bike before I shell out the £150 for the Honda add-on..

Hopefully I can find a dealer with this fitted to a demo bike to save me a few quid.. I reckon I have now spent nearly £300 on screens I won't use.. :-(

Anyone need any?

12. Bad VFR

Bad VFR New Member

Folks, Powerbronze have a heap of screens to suit the 1200

13. ibrakeformoose

I have already tried one of those.. no good.. look nice though!

I am just making some major alterations to a screen right now to try and resolve the issue I have with the 1200.

I'll let everyone know how it works out (with a pic).

14. 1GONZO

1GONZO New Member

Map
    I live in Tampa Florida and I have been trying for two months to purchase a ZG sport tourer windscreen like yours. ZG claims that they are not available yet. What is up? I do not see anything on the market comparable to your ZG windscreen.

15. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Hi guys, from what I saw. There's actually a few at there. But how to know the one that's the best quality and better serves the perpose.

If you look at EBAY, may give a few ideas on different company names that have them. Zero Gravity, Puig, Givi etc. If you take the time to look at youtube video of ''Zero Gravity'', might anwser alot of guys questioning on quality issue as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduUJjvs_0M

Later VFR brothers,

16. Cafox

Cafox New Member

Hey VFR Kid I put up some pictures of my bike in the photo gallery of the site. I put on a Puig shield but it did not help with the wind very much. I added a Laminar lip to it and that has helped a lot. I hope you find something that works for you.
    Nikki

17. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Wow. Looks real good. Will go for it. Simply have to take in notes the details that you suggested earlier to add. Cause I don't want any problems. Do you have the ''DB Killer''? Cause he has suggested it to me, and wanted to see with you first.

Your in California. My Corbin seat is actually being processed right now in California. Can't wait to see it. Leather Carbon with Red Welt. Oh yeahhh....This will be so good.

Thanks again Cafox.

Later, ;)

18. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Hey 1Gonzo,

I'm actually looking to get the original Honda adaptor to the Windshield. Can get it from the ''UK'' for $209. David Silverspares. I am looking in the ZG as well. Cause they seem good from the reviews. But if there not available. Hmmm....

Later,

19. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hi VFR Kid,
    I've got the Honda addition and it does a good job in the position that deflects the most. It gets the wind up off my chest/throat and it now hits up in the face. Seems quite sturdy, no problems at speed.
    Garde chaud voisin

20. Cafox

Cafox New Member

I do have the decibel killer in but don't like it, it sounds like someone is holding a pillow over it drowning out the sound. My mechanic will take it out when he dynos it again, if Canada doesn't have any sound regulations then don't get it, save your money. I wish I didn't get it.
    I hope you like the Corbin seat. I love my C'Bailey seat, I also had a seat done by Saddlemen but it's not as good.