VFR 1200 Screen

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by ibrakeformoose, Apr 10, 2011.

1. kurtfriedrich

kurtfriedrich New Member

Thanks for the update. I just ordered one. After a fantastic dry warm summer, today it is cool and wet, which is more typical of Seattle area, time to get more protection.

2. jonmarsh

jonmarsh New Member

Map
    Definitely the right idea- which is why this is so much better on those days I decide to take the VFR for the early morning commute.

3. kurtfriedrich

kurtfriedrich New Member

Thanks again to jonmarsh for trying out the Tall National Cycle Screen and posting installation photos. Based on his positive comments about airflow, I put one on mine. I have put a few miles on it and I am absolutely happy with it.
    Better than the stock FJR, and the Yamaha optional FJR, and the stock BMW R1200RT screens.

4. jonmarsh

jonmarsh New Member

Map
    Great to hear it works for you- your additional comments mirror my pleasure with the tall National Cycle screen on the VFR1200.

5. mandavdle

mandavdle New Member

United States
    Map
    V
    Quite an endorsement, since the R1200rT screen was reputed to be the gold standard ....

6. kurtfriedrich

kurtfriedrich New Member

Well, I guess to be 100% fair, I ran the BMW and FJR screens very high, almost to max height, which would cause the wind to hit well above the visor level of my helmet, and past 55 mph, I would get an annoying buffeting. Probably if I lowered them to the equivalent height of this Tall National, maybe they would not have given me trouble. But I figured they were supposed to be designed to work correctly at those heights.

I think today I also noticed that my wrists were getting more tired, as I am losing the air lift on my body. But certainly from now till the end of next April, I will be riding in colder, often wet conditions, and I want the protection this Tall National gives me. Maybe for next summer I'll go with something lower again.

7. BigT

BigT New Member

Yes I also suffer from noise with my new 1200. Never had any problem with my VTR. Think I'll try the Puig deflector as I also have Helibars.