VFR for track day

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Gerry Smith, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Gerry Smith

Gerry Smith New Member

Map
    Hi all I am new to this, but am keen to find out about past racing VFRs. Particularly early ones before the advent of the RC30 although they are also very interesting. In particular in UK we had a race VFR used by some of our stars (e.g Joey Dunlop) called if I remember the '6X'. I do not know why it was called that. I would be interested in anything about it but particularly the mods to it from standard.
    I used to road race a '86' VFR and would like to take one to some track days, thus info of any work/tuning/suspension people have done to theirs which has worked. I am considering putting some forks and wheels from a Fireblade to take advantage of suspension and tyre improvements.

2. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    A book by Julian Ryder titled "V Force" has a fair bit of info on this bike. (And plenty of other race bikes as well.)

It's a history of the 4 stroke V-four. I'm pretty sure there is a link about it on the main page of this site.

I bought it several years ago, but I don't have the book at the moment, I've lent it to a friend.

3. Gerry Smith

Gerry Smith New Member

Map
    Race VFRs

Thanks for recommending the book. If anyone else has any advice or information I would be glad to hear it.

4. keny

keny New Member

Finland
    I`m also intrested in info of the old racing VFRs. I have to get that book as a start. Planing to get my -87 to the track next summer. Have some mods done so intresting how it will work.