vfr wreck in raleigh

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by vfrraleigh, May 21, 2006.

1. vfrraleigh

vfrraleigh New Member

hello viffers
    i have a 2002 vfr (8500 miles) that i wrecked at less than 10mph on the way to work. the bike took a hard fall to the right. (i lost the front end in stop and go traffic - slippery conditions)

now i am positive that the insurance company will total the bike due to the damage to all the plastic, headlights, gas tank and instrument cluster.

the sad thing is the bike is fine underneath (no damage to chassis or forks). and i have factory hard saddle bags that were not on the bike that day (and hence were not damaged).

question: anyone interested in the salvage bike? i am hoping that someone can revive the bike rather than have the insurance guys salvage it for parts -

2. keet

keet New Member

Map
    hi

too bad u had the accident...but.....where are u located?...and how much did you think you want for this bike?
    :hungry: .............................................................keet

3. vfrraleigh

vfrraleigh New Member

i am in raleigh, nc
    i'd settle for 2K or so
    i have factory saddle bags which were not on the bike when i had my wrech. so they are in pristine condition. the bike already has the frames for it. so if you are interested in that as well, i can let the whole thing go for 2.5k or so

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. keet

keet New Member

Map
    could you post some pictures of the bike ?..or send them to my email?..im....paintbrush49@yahoo.com
    thanks!!
    keet

5. waldrm

waldrm New Member

VFR wreck

I am in Long Beach, NC and interested in the bike. Email me back or hit my cell @910 367 6814. Thanks, Mike

6. vfrraleigh

vfrraleigh New Member

thanks for the interest.
    i don't have a digital camera but what i can do is to set up a 3 way conversation with the mechanics and you can ask them questions directly about the condition of the bike. the bike is in performance honda of raleigh off of old wake forest road. it turns out that i have to decide by wednesday about how i settle with the insurance company - so, interested people can call me at 919 345 1527 (my name is Deep). thanks