VP pick of Palin.. what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by cat0020, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    I can't get over the fact that the CEO of the company that employs me has more people to govern than Palin.. domestically and internationally..

Family memebers are off-limit.. until they do something out of ordinary..

Do you think the pregnant Palin and the boyfriend ever thought about the consequences five months ago? can you imagine the bedside conversation those two had?

2. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    It was probably very uneventful standard bed talk before and after.

Nothing some of our own dumbasses haven't done and got away with...

BZ

3. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces baby Jesus, new born, not even spoken a word yet, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors... Please make political threads on a motorcycle forum stop ... make them a bannable offense for the betterment of the VFR World community.

I’ll eagerly await the next thread topics covering religion, race relations, and you might as well start one about which generation VFR is better, those always go well, too. :hangme:

4. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

I have read how heated the political topics can get so i will try to keep it nice. even though i am an obama/biden supporter, it was a smart move by mccain. Palin is there to scoop up all those hilliary supporters that obama left behind, and what better way to do it than get a woman, a real world mother of 5 who can turn tragedy to triumph. Outside of that i dont know to much about her...outside of her being commander and chief of the national guard of alaska...hehehehehehehehehe, that was funny. hey but if the GOP believes she is good enough, i am sure those damn liberals would be up for the challenge.

as far as Bristol and Levi...i forsee birth control ads and a very lucrative reality show staring them....if kim kardashian can have a show about her ass, i am sure they can have a show about what it was like to ALMOST be part of a winning ticket....

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

GOD BLESS ALL!!!!!

OH AND VFRW ROCKS!!!!!!!

5. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    It means that the Republicans will not be winning the Presidency this term... :lol: :bootyshake2: :DANCE7: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :party2: :rofl: :ass: :banana: :tongue2: :clap2:

6. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Politics tire me so...

Did we not move directly from complaining about the last election to complaining about the current one?

I agree, Please God make it stop.

7. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Fatso's last paragraph was great!

Thanks for the laugh:)!

BZ

8. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    I think it was wise.
    I am and anti-obama supporter.

Mcain does not need an experianced aid to bolster his portfolio, he has it himself.
    what he does need is some one under 72 who is seen as a normal american. Some one people can identify with, and who , most importantly, is not a politision. She brings real world veiws to the party and is aiming at representing americans.

I also enjoyed her speech poking fun at obama and comments made about her and used them to good effect.

I think people will tire of obamna once the realise he is full of hot air and get past his very nice speeches, but look at what he says. he promices change...but never clairifies. what little plan he does have are horible. raising taxes? increasing goverment? more apeasment? imidiat withdrawl, right after the most signifigant victory(handing over the worst part of pakistan to the paskistanies and leaving it a place where anyone can walk around without feer.....)
    Oh wait acknowledging that would be like saying the surge worked and he voted agaisnt that then said he supported it then said he always wanted to pull troops out, the concradulates troops, then out lines a 3 year plan....i have had diaria with more consistancy.

The guy has authored more memwars about himself than laws, and the biggest thing he has run is his campain organization.

as was mentioned, you can use change to bolster your career, or use your career to effect change.

Obama would be the worst thing to happen to the world.

Just look at obama and biddens voting record on just about any issue reguarding foreghn policy...they where 100% wrong 99% of the time.

They have no clue how the world works, but alas the same could be said of most US voters.

I just hope obama fails...and fails miserably.
    even a close won victory for the republicans is a loss in so many ways.

9. hondabill

hondabill New Member

United States
    Map
    I HAVE THE CURE FOR ALL OF OUR POLITICIANS. GATHER THEM ALL IN ONE AREA. IRAQ WOULD BE OK IF WE PULLED ALL TROOPS OUT FIRST. AND NUKE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ALL OF THEM. AND THEN ELECT NEW ONES. TELL THE NEW ONES TO PAY ATTN. TO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ASSHOLES YOU ARE REPLACING.:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

10. VsVFR

VsVFR New Member

Map
    I've heard over and over lately that "People just shouldn't talk about politics and religion", well I'm here to state that sayings like that were propogated by politicians and religious leaders to quell questions made by the general public. Everyone should talk about politics, the decisions made by the million govt emplyoees determine the livelihood of the other 299,000,000 Americans in this country.

As for Palin, she seems like a good hearted PTA Hockey mom! Now each party has one new comer and one person that has been in Washington for 3 decades. They are even and neither deserve the platforms that they are on. There will be no change, there will be no stronger America, until the lowest ranks of this nation stand up and take charge of Washington. I hear a Revolution-a-comin'.

Oh and I love riding motorcycles, which sort of reminds me of Freedom, which sort of reminds me that the more freedoms we lose to Patriot Acts and things of that nature, the less Free we really are. Sorry for the soap-box-rant.

Vs

11. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    One thing is for sure...She'd be the HOTTEST Veep ever!!! I don't trust Obama as far as I can throw him. And Biden...don't get me started. If they get in, you won't need a wallet. You'll have nothing left to put in it after taxes.

12. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! VFRW, please dont get rid of this "anything goes" potion of the site. i love it.

13. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

I am going to share a secret with you all...politics is simply a chicken -vs- egg joke...the winner is who makes you feel at ease with your selection. they will tell you whatever they feel will make you at ease. do you feel the country is more important than the people of the country or do you feel the people make the country...at the end of the day is all the american people getting :ncb:, so no matter how much you dislike obama/biden or love mccain/biden at the end of the day whose gonna at least kiss you before they :ncb: you.

OBMAMA/BIDEN 08

14. fatso1277

fatso1277 New Member

I LIKE!!!!!!!! I LIKE IT A LOT!!!!!!!:bootyshake2:

15. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    It's not that I like McCain all that much, I'm just tired of the govt using my tax money to pay deadbeats not to work. The dems seem to be pretty loose with MY money!!! I was in line at the grocery store yesterday and saw a longhaired, tatooed idiot with his underwear showing out the top of his $100.00 baggy pants getting a whole buggy load of food, paying for it with foodstamps...MY MONEY!!! Why can't he get a job and pay for his own damn food. I looked at his hands...never did a hard day's work in his life...looked smooth as a baby's butt. And Obama wants to expand this failed program!! I even have an employee who wanted to turn down a raise!!! He said it would knock him out of his food stamps!!!! (he got the raise anyway). What has our government created? A class of people who think money should be handed to them without them having to work for it. They go out of their way to stay just under the limit to get public funds. As long as we pay people to not work, they will never work to provide for their own families, expecting the govt to pay for it. The hard working people can not afford to pay for these deadbeats on and on. I'm all for helping the disabled, but those who are able should have to get off the sofa and get to work. My dad would have done anything to keep off welfare, and did. Yeah, we went through hard times, but never once turned to the govt for a handout. What ever happened to personal responsibility? What ever happened to having a little bit of pride? The founding fathers would be turning flips in their caskets if they could see what a mess this country is. Bush hasn't exactly lived up to his promises either. This stupid war should have ended years ago. Not by just packing up and leaving, but by kicking the crap out of the enemy, then coming home. Obama just doesn't have the nads to finish the job. He just wants to cut-n-run. We need someone who understands the military and has the guts to finish the job.
    I agree that most (if not all) elected officials are crooks and liars, but the 2 parties have very different visions of the future of this country. As I see it, the dems want to "help" non-producers by taking away from the producers. Why should I have to pay more because I work 60 hours/week as does my wife? The reps lean more toward personal responsibility. If you want something, work for it. I work my a$$ off to get the things I have, and don't like it when the govt takes what I've worked for just to give it to a lazy deadbeat who is just milking the system.:bs:

Sorry for the long post. It is the result of just looking at my pay-stub and seeing how much was taken out before I even got it, and maybe a little too much Redbull. :soapbox:

16. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I agree, if people don't want too read or participate in political threads, they should just not open the thread, let alone post up...

17. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I swear it was like Eddie was reading my mind when he typed that last one.

I have a solution to both the wefare problem & the illegal immigration problem. People hire illegals since they work for dirt cheap. Welfare dirtbags collect welfare because they are too lazy to work for or earn anything. That obviously is MOST of them, not ALL of them. Some people are on welfare for a good reason. The ones that I can tolerate are the ones that are on it temporarily until they get back on their feet. I don't like that, but I can tolerate it.

Anyway, my solution you ask?

Take the welfare check & foodstamps away from all of them & FORCE them to work the jobs the illegals take. Stuff like vegtable pickers & meat packing plants. Problem solved.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

18. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    If not raising taxes, how is Iraq war going to be "victorious"?

Who is going to pay for the following:

Iraq Insider: How much does Iraq war cost per month, week, day, hour, minute, second?

U.S. SPENDING ON IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN BY MONTH, WEEK, DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, & SECOND
    (based on adjusted DOD FY 2007 obligations)

IRAQ + AFGHANISTAN
    Per Month - $12.3 billion
    Per Week - $2.9 billion
    Per Day - $410 million
    Per Hour - $17 million
    Per Minute - $284,722
    Per Second - $4,745

IRAQ
    Per Month - $10.3 billion
    Per Week - $2.4 billion
    Per Day - $343 million
    Per Hour - $14 million
    Per Minute - $238,425
    Per Second - $3,973

Palin may have some success running the state of Alaska, but how the Alaska compare to the rest of the nation as a whole? Does Alaska face similar problem as OH, PA, NJ, FL or other states?

Does Alaska have the unemployement rate/problems similar to the other states?

Does Alaska have inner city drug/crime/domestic problems as the rest of the nation?

Has either presidential candidate talk about immigration in their convention speach?

It seems to me that Palin is picked for VP because she can relate to likely voters that have family members that are serving in the military, have family members that have "special needs", a woman who seems to stand against wasteful government spending...

Besides all that, and more.. she just seem like a beauty queen that looks good on TV who's never spent much time with people in big cities that are loosing their homes, sleeping on the streets and dealing with mass population problems.. It's easy to be pro-life when the unborn baby is not HIV positive and pregnant mother is not adicted to crack cocaine.

The majority of problems that this nation faces are inner city problems where most of the population reside, whether or not the inner city population are likely voters is questionable, is seems to me that Palin is picked to attract the likely voters that are out of touch with the majority of problems.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  19. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    I could not agree more RW.

My only issue is when these threads turn into a name calling totally retarded mud slinging contest. But if people can communicate their viewpoints with tack, then by all means post away.

BZ

20. symtex

symtex New Member

Map

PALIN = VPILF