Weird

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by RVFR, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

Don't matter anyway Bear, poor old evil bitch bought the farm two seasons back. Best mod I ever made was to rip it down, use the parts for other rides and hang the tank on the wall of my game room!:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I never put him down, in fact there was a chuckle, it was after we parted that I got a bit perplexed that he ask. even though as nice of a accidental complement it was, he didn't have a clue. I'm with most here, he saw a bike he liked and bought it. nothing wrong with that at all. I did pass on the info that if interested to hook up to this mighty fine site. Guess maybe I take it that most riders know what the bike they ride is all about, but now that i think about it being the 6th been out what 7 years, it's no surprise even if one did do their research you wouldn't necessarily know what other models there where, you'd have to be hard core to find what this bikes big picture is. To me it makes sense to want to know as much as possible, be it a TV, cell phone, GPS computer, boat or what I'm eating, just the way I'm plugged in.

Yep, mines a 97, the last year of the 4th gens.

3. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

My little brother got a 98 gen 5 last week with 105 miles on her. (not a typo) The original owner had more money than time and never rode afrer dropping in the driveway and replaced all plastics on that side. This would be a great story but he only found the bike cause his 04 VFR800 was stolen last season 3 months after he got it out of the crate at the dealer last year. He researched the hell out of bike after his 92 katana was stolen from the same place same 3 months before. He became a true fan of the vfr even before he had his first one. He was not happy that Kristin (my wife) got hers first! lol. But now he is back on one. I told him after he quits babbying the darn thing and realy rides it I think he will like the gen 5 better than his 6. I gotta give him credit. He had all the bikes in the world to choose from and held out for his VFR. He was a well educated buyer and showed true love for the bike. Im happy as a pig in sh*t with my FZ1 but would never pass up a Gen 5 like he found. With the VFR looking like its at the end of its run,( thanks honda:crazy:) at some time ALL OF US have to research where we go from here. I'm thinking 1 liter + V-twin but I'm not in the market...yet. <<<<new Duc Streetfighter?

4. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    Really...there are older model vfr's. I thought 2002 was the first year of the vfr.

5. yogiman

yogiman New Member

Map
    I pulled up next to a bloke on a 6th gen at the lights riding my 5th gen, he looked over and nodded. I thought we were ready to race when he flipped his lid and asked "Nice, did you whack a CBR front on it?"

6. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Aprilia........I have a hard on for those

7. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    No. The '98 was the last year of the real VFRs. Everything thereafter is a wannabe pseudo-VFR.
    (Whoops! I'm in deep sh*t now.)

8. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    So after all of this I hope the guy does not decide to check us out. Cuz now we look like a bunch of assholes.

9. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    I agree with Park 800. I didn't know what a VFR was until, by chance, I found myself sitting on one. That is all it took before I was into Viffer info forever. Folks have to start somewhere

10. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    I took the yellow pill to get down this rabbit hole.

11. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

Whats a Viffer? :thumbsup:

12. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    A great Thread because it focuses us on the way we approach our interests and passions. For many of us, our hobbies or interests are HUGE and we can recite every detail about the sport, hobby, or whatever passion we are hooked on. That often extends to the "gear" that enables us to engage in the interest. For some of us, the gear becomes more important than the sport or hobby. We become "gearheads" and we have all encountered posers that simply are wowed by the stuff, not the experience of the hobby. I have seen all the variations in the hobbies I have. I knew some great bicyclists who knew almost nothing about the gear...great cyclists who loved the gear and could tell you all their gear ratios...and posers who had great "coffee table" bikes with no miles on them. I have seen folks with insanely valuable guitars who can barely play and enjoyed immensely talented guitarists playing crap guitars (that sounds like million bucks). I have often approached someone that appears to be really into a hobby that I enjoy only to get that blank stare that indicates they may enjoy the interest but not have the gear-lust that I have. (Or maybe they are just posing to look cool.) This has been helpful to me because I have often become too focused on the acquisition of gear so that the enjoyment becomes compromised. I choose to enjoy the spirited discussions when chatting with another gearhead and to use the interaction with the non-gearhead folks to remind me of the essence of the hobby. Everyone has a different path into and out of our hobbies. Who is to say what is the most valid path?
    It is all good.

13. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Isn't this what got Taz in trouble??? :unsure: (Some of you who've been around here long enough will get that reference...)

If there was nothing wrong with the older generations of the VFR then why did they change it? Maybe that's why the 6th Gen has been in production for 7 years is because it's nearly perfect! :thumb: :crazy:Yeah, that it...:crazy:

14. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    I remember!

(hey, remember that time we was remembering about remembering? Remember?)

15. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    No, I forgot

But then it all came back to me

16. Mainjet

Mainjet New Member

United States
    Map
    I sometimes mount my 6th gen backwards, & wonder where the handlebars went.:confused: