What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by derstuka, Aug 1, 2007.

1. bike51

bike51 New Member

I hate to tell you my story. It show just how OLD I am, and still riding!
    I've had this name since I started riding in '86. Bike for riding one, and 51 for
    the year I was born.....you do the math....LOL YIKES....

2. Yosh70

Yosh70 New Member

Lol, should've named myself something like that as well.

Currently have the VFR, a 92 Accord and a 00 Odyssey. My Chevy's feeling a bit out of place.:biggrin:

3. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    It shouldn't be too difficult to work out my username.

:redface:

4. Longerfellow

Longerfellow New Member

United States
    Map
    I tried registering on a web site as "longfellow" and it ws taken. I'm just a tall guy, nothing fancy.

5. Longerfellow

Longerfellow New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Sierra VFR,
    Do you recognize my picture?

6. woodwizzard

woodwizzard New Member

I took mine from the fact I work in the woods and do a bit of wood turning and the like. Some great little tales on this thread, good reading:smile:

7. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

United States
    Map
    My name is Japanese for "death god". It's a nickname I picked up a long time ago, from an instructor at a well known shooting school, after a Simunitions run in which I waxed all the instructor "bad guys" in a very efficient manner... ;)

8. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

You must have had some friends in high places at the Pass and I.D. office too! :rolleyes: Great knickname. I don't think it would take a space shuttle designer to figure my screen name out.... as it didn't take one to come up with it, ROFL!

9. Jabba

Jabba New Member

Well, mine is just an abbreviation of my last name and what all my mates call me.
    I use it on lots of forums, same goes for the avatar.
    I got called this long before Star Wars too lol .... so I'm not a "fat bastard" I'm 6foot 2 :biggrin:

10. MtnRider

MtnRider New Member

I got mine from when I was riding mountain bicycles a bunch....however a good friend of mine pointed out that if you say it quickly you have: Mount-and-Ride-Her :cool: :tongue: Ya I like it too

11. CRAZY K

CRAZY K New Member

Crazy K For Me Means Crazy Korean, My Old Boss At A Yamaha Dealership Gave Me That Name, But Now People Say Its Crazy K Cause I Like To Kapatolize My Notes And Letters.

12. pm_wizard

pm_wizard New Member

Map
    pm_wizard:

I am a fixed income portfolio manager, and I have a bit of an ego!

John

13. lexanmaster

lexanmaster New Member

Mine was easy....1998 Frank Zappa CD Cheap Thrills. :wink:

14. Rat

Rat New Member

On another moto-forum my screen-name was Mity Mouse.

I'm short (5'6"), muscular & powerful (body-builder for many years, until recent back & shoulder injuries...).
    I'm built like Mighty Mouse.

I was in the Air Force, Security Police (Law Enforcement) and Special Ops, and on my Squadron Football Team and the Base Power-Lifting Team.
    I was very "Gung Ho" - generally rowdy, very strong, essentially fearless (young & brainless??), and always eager to get involved in any kind of action.
    My nickname became "Mighty Mouse" because I had a tendency to charge in and "Save The Day!" and start throwing bodies around.

I was a general, all-around "Good Guy" - kind to little old ladies, but completely willing to thrash "Bad Guys"; Perfectly happy to stand on the throat of a violent perpetrator while subduing him, but then lean over and gently stroke a stray kitten with my free hand to protect it from the melee.
    I still embody that mentality.

On the previous moto-forum a few years ago, I tried to use Mighty Mouse, but the name was taken (although never used, not one time).
    I settled for Mity Mouse, and realized the spelling was actually easier and unique.

Interestingly, in that group, even in-person on Group Rides and such, we all pretty much referred to each other by screen-name.
    I became "Mity", and only a very select few ever knew my real name.
    My sign-off was "MM", with the "Hang Loose" smiley (or "Two in the Pink; One in the Stink" smiley, depending on my mood).

When I got my VFR, it had a Salvage Title due to cosmetics, and although it appeared to have been generally well cared-for, with a few good upgrades, it had also been somewhat neglected for the previous year or two (prior owner's illness).
    I decided to tear it down and fix everything right - I'm kinda anal about such things.
    I started to affectionately yet sarcastically derisively refer to it as "my new rat-bike".

In my subsequent research about the bike I came across VFRWorld and after about a nanosecond of consideration I decided to join.

My family & I have been through a few years of utter hell in our lives recently, and although I'm still basically a nice guy, my attitude has become more cynical and distrusting, and I now have essentially zero tolerance for BS and idiots.
    If/when I stand on someone's throat now, I may decide to inflict a little pain for the hell of it ('cuz I can...:eek: ), although I'll still lean over and play with a kitten or help a sweet little old lady...

I decided that Mity Mouse was no longer.
    I feel more like a Rat now (but a kind and decent rat :rolleyes: ).
    Rat just seemed an appropriate moniker, especially in light of my "rat-bike" VFR (it's not really a "rat bike", just to me because I'm such a perfectionist).
    I was surprised "Rat" had not been taken on VFRWorld.

I'm now Rat.
    Mity Mouse died with my innocence.

15. brdbluz

brdbluz New Member

United States
    Map
    Okay, I know this will sound a lot like a band geek (I'm a high school band director after all!) but my user name comes from the great saxophonist, Charlie Parker. His nickname was Bird and when he played the "blues" he used a slightly altered chord progression, which became known among jazz musicians as a "Bird Blues". Huge nerd factor, eh?

16. dbleyepatches

dbleyepatches New Member

Map
    By looking at the avatar you can probably figure this one out but my dog had double eye patches. He was killed back in 2004 but this is my little way of holding on.

17. Moby

Moby New Member

First of all mine's nothing to do with that young music fella of the same name, no siree

It's cos I'm into whales big time (no sniggering at the back there! :) )

Study them, write about them etc

And Melville, I like Melville as well. If I had a whale I'd call him Melville!

18. Moby

Moby New Member

And Britons (brrr, it's freezing here tonight :eek: )

19. Scorpio65

Scorpio65 New Member

Map
    Scorpio65 = I was born in November which is a Scorpio and i was born in 1965.:eek: ... Thank you, now i feel really old !

20. Faith7

Faith7 New Member

Map
    Faith7....Comes from the fact I put my faith in God in life and it is amplified 100% while I am riding. The 7 comes from a number that is used by God for design to show all this is not by chance. Quick little story, I ride a 2002 CRF450 I bought new in 2002. The first number on the number plate is 7 in honor of God, never been hurt on it-been down 3 times-all three times bike never touches ground. I know they are many who think it's crazy, but it is mind-boggling the speeds I have ridden and the number of hours on the bike to come home safe. I invite everyone to give it a chance .