What is the best SPORT-tour tire for the VFR

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by reg71, Mar 17, 2009.

?

Best SPORT-tour tire in your opinion

1. Pirelli Diablo

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. Bridgestone Battlaxe

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Michelin Pilot Road

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Continental Road Attack

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Dunlop Roadsmart

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Metzeler M3

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. Pirelli Corsa III

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Michelin 2CT

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Pirelli Strada

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  10. Shinko (any)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    +1, Good point, as much as I love the tires like the 2CT's & Corsa lll's because of the exceptional feel & feedback they offer, the practical side made me buy the Pilot Powers last time because of how many rear tires I go through a year, another reason is like so many other street riders, I can achieve the same lean angles on tires like the Road Attack's & Pilot Power's I do on the 2CT's & Corsa lll's...

2. someguy

someguy New Member

Excellent at slower/intown speeds. very pleased.

3. bizango1

bizango1 New Member

Map
    I've only had my '07 RWB for two months & 1000 miles of riding. Replaced the MEZ4 stock tires due to a rear puncture-decided to change both F&R to premium rubber. Based on stuff I read here I chose Mich Pilot Road 2CT's. More nuetral turn-in (less resistance) than the Metz and gobs more traction and confidence. I didn't feel anything wrong with the stock tires but the 2CT's are spectacular. I have never felt more secure in my riding career which spans over 35 years and now 3 VFR's. Cornering is almost boring now because these tires are that grippy and predictable. Except for gravel/oil/potholes etc it feels like there's just nothing to worry about. Biggest issue now will be overconfidence. Only slight downside vs stock MEZ4's is the 2CT's transmit a bit more shock and vibration but this could be called "road feel". No idea on mileage yet but
    I'm sure they'll be better than whatever I used to put on my '93-I felt lucky to get 3K miles on a front on that bike. About $400.00 out the door locally. There may be differences in our preferences but there's almost no way you could feel you've made a mistake if you bought these for your VFR.

4. sparky99

sparky99 New Member

I've been VERY pleased with my pilot power front and pilot road 2 rear. I've got over 6k miles on this combination and could not be happier. I still have at least 3-4k left in them. I do lots of highway and back roads and I've never questioned them. Always predictable and stable.