what is your age?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DANIMAL, Aug 2, 2007.

1. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    I am 45 y/o and i still feel 27 y/o ? i started riding at 14 and have been riding sence and i will ride untill i cant get on the old girl any more but my lack of riding now is due to work and family

2. OneSided

OneSided New Member

Map
    I was riding on the back of motorcycles as early as 4 years old. I started riding in the dirt @ 7 years old with a Honda 50. I rode my first street bike @ 19, a Honda CB650 Custom. Then I rode friends bikes whenever I could until I was 26 when I finally got a bike of my own. I'll be 31 this year and I plan on riding until the good Lord takes me home!

3. EmesViffer

EmesViffer New Member

Map
    33 here. Ummmm to be honest the first cycles I rode me and some friends had stolen when we were kids. they were just some little 50's or the like. Spent some time on Proby for that one. Next bike my dad bought me was at graduation. I was the first in my family to actually grad so He asked me what I wanted. It was a black 1992 yamaha seca II. Rode that thing till my butt couldnt take it anymore. Joined the Navy in 93. Bike got store with gas in it. sold it in 98. Rode nothing up until about a week ago when I bought the 2003 VFR. Been on it every day since.

4. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    43 and no ......

5. EmesViffer

EmesViffer New Member

Map
    Also no I dont think I will ever be to old to ride....At least I hope not

6. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

Map
    I'll be 29 on December 21st I grew up riding 3 wheelers and quads plus the occational friends dirt bike here and there.

I rode my first street bike at 15. I waited until my dad left the house and then screemed down the road like I had been doing it for years. I moved a few times and finally got my own about 4 years ago I started logging miles on a 93 Virago 1100 but I didn't really like the ergo's I ended up getting my Interceptor a year later for $600 and put him back together. I sold the Virago to my Dad. and been in love with the Interceptor ever since. I've had my eye on a newer one sometime in the future I really want a SSSA!

7. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Amen to that!

MD

8. Timbercat

Timbercat New Member

44 & never, take me as luggage if u must!

9. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    I don't feel so old now knowing most here are older than my 42 years....

Got into riding when at 6 jumped on a friends Honda Monkey bike, then spent every weekend pestering him for rides until he got an XR75 then used use all my pocket money for petrol to scam more rides....

10. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey guys! I will turn 38 in November and have been riding streetbikes since I was 18. I rode dirt intermittently from 12-25, but never raced.

Unless I lose my eyesight which is better than 20/20, or my nerve which you never know when that will go, I figure I will sport ride until about 55-60 and then do a full tourer until about 75. Hard to tell though as crashing really re-casts your risk tolerance to riding as many here would attest.

Both my grand-parents lived past 92 and were quite mobile until about 90 so who knows?

11. WVFR

WVFR New Member

45. Riding since I was 12. My son is ony 8 so I need to ride for at least 12 more years so I can pass on the addiction. :rockon:

12. cobra919

cobra919 New Member

I'm 46. This is my first full year on the VFR, and only my second full year since I got my motorcycle license.

Certainly a cheaper mid-life crisis thing than buying a Porsche! Watched some guy getting out of his Carrera; he rolled up the windows, left the ragtop stowed, closed the door and as he walked away hit the remote lock. I'm thinking: why bother?

13. vfr89

vfr89 New Member

I'm 23 and I started to ride big bikes last year...on my vfr obviously!

14. Pablo2280

Pablo2280 New Member

I am 26 and have been riding my '87 Interceptor for 1 year, but I have rode dirt bikes all my life.

15. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Nozzle's '07 RWB Interceptor/VRF800 is 70 days old and the Odometer say 4368.

Does my age really matter? :wink:

But I remember getting up early Sat. morning to watch The Cisco Kid & The Lone Ranger. Seeing Vietnam war footage on the news and not understanding why hippies were protesting. I heard Walter Cronkite count down when the "Eagle" took off from the moon, and being disappointed that there was no fire from the rockets like when the Saturn V took off. I had a Hot Wheels lunch box. I saw Three-Stooges and Laurel & Hardy movies on the TV. I helped my Dad assemble a Heathkit color TV ... lots of kool knobs to turn. I remember "dialing" a phone number when phones had a dials. I remember listening to the radio as I left the High School parking lot and the song getting cut off to let the DJ tell me President Reagan was shot. Friday night videos. I remember my college professor cancelling class after Challenger blew up and reading about early aviators-it was important to keep flying. M-TV stopped "blasting off" every hour. Getting married, my three kids - who will all be in High School next year and finding this forum through which I get some release from the daily stress by making smart-ass comments to others post. Thanks :smile:

You can figure out how old I am from most of the stuff, but it seemed more fun to run through that than just give you a number.

16. Nailer45

Nailer45 New Member

I am 42 yrs young and have been riding since age 4.. My first street bike was a suzuki GT500 bought in 1981 and then in 1983 I bought a VF750F Interceptor and have been a V4 addict ever since.

17. grinder

grinder New Member

Nozzle. Not so old really, I remember President Kennedy being shot. Even though I was very young at the time, just started school, but I vividly remember the flag at the school being lowered to half mast while the whole school stood at assembly. Strange the things you remember.

18. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm 38 and have been riding since 1986. I got my "M" endorsement soon after my drivers license was issued. Riding sure beat driving Dad's 1978 Oldsmobile.

19. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    no, not old at all... especially at heart. :biggrin: Right Pancho?

now remembering Kennedy... they've made movies and stuff about that and run programs on the history channel... so that's old. yezzz Cisco. :wink:

20. keet

keet New Member

Map
    .........feel like im in a nursing home...lol....(kidding)im 57 and enjoying the vfr...been riding since 1967 pretty much....in the winter ill be on skis...age is a state of mind....its your life...go 4 it!!!....NOZZLE...are u anywhere near Lexington Park?...i was stationed there for a while in the Navy...Pax that is.