what is your age?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DANIMAL, Aug 2, 2007.

1. HIGHSIDER34

HIGHSIDER34 New Member

My first bike was a Whizzer... my current bike is a 1997 Honda VFR750 which I ride at age 73. My dad passed away at 94 and I'll be riding for several more years.

2. kajinvfr

kajinvfr New Member

i am 58 and have been riding since i was 14.i know what it means to love new orleans also .i am from hammond and lived in west wego in the 70;s.miss the food most of all

3. sussi

sussi New Member

Map
    Never to old to ride I think.
    I´m 35 and started riding when I was 15. And I hope I can go on for ever.

4. Sepp

Sepp New Member

All you young whipper-snappers! I am 53 and have been riding for 28 years. First bike was an old Honda 400 Hawk. 6 bikes later, still ride the 800 like a fighter plane, but don't race the cops like I used to on my CB1100F with 33mm smoothbores.
    Never been caught ha ha.
    (well once, but I talked her out of a ticket, heh heh)

5. jenkins

jenkins New Member

I'm 16, and I started just a month or two ago. I've also wrecked twice since then, and not due to teenage recklessness.

6. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

I'm 34 and unlike most of the members here I haven't been riding all my life. I had a little Suzuki DS80 when I was about 12 and rode the crap out of it in my big back yard. When I was 15, I got a Yamaha QT50 moped (anyone remember those?) which were the s#!t if you lived in a small town in the 80's. By law, they were only supposed to go like 35, but we put headers on em, bored the cylinders for a bigger piston, and other things and could get them to go 50-60 mph. That was it for me for 20 years until I got my basket-case 1978 Suzuki GS400 about four years ago, then up to the VFR.

I wasn't allowed to have a street bike after the moped, and it's probably a good thing because I am still here today to enjoy the VFR a little more responsibly than I probably would have at 17!

Will ride as long it's fun and my body and mind can keep up.

7. pres589

pres589 New Member

I'm 29, have been riding a bit over a year, the VFR is my second bike. Had a GS500E to start with, and don't miss it a bit. I'm averaging 1000 miles a month so far with the viffer, and use it as much as possible.

8. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

Map
    Jenkins you went down again? I didn't hear about the second one. I guess your Dad didn't have his camera handy. Hope you and your bike are doing well.

9. Link

Link New Member

51 in Aug, first time on 2 wheels was on a cushman scooter in the early 60's, been riding since 17yrs old

10. Link

Link New Member

51 in Aug, first time on 2 wheels was on a cushman scooter in the early 60's, been riding since 17yrs old.

11. Link

Link New Member

see what happens when ya turn 50!

12. desertman62

desertman62 New Member

Map
    I'm 45. My first ride was a pull-start mini bike that lasted about a year. Didn't ride again until about 1995 when I bought a buddy's old Honda CB450 Nighthawk, my first "real" bike. I had that for about 3 years until it finally died of old age. Another dry spell until this year when I picked up my '98 Interceptor, which I love. Now, I hope I'll continue to ride for as long I'm around :thumb:

13. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

I seem to be the youngest on here with a 6gen (and bags). but then I have ridden more miles than most my age drive in cages. with three runners and three non runners (two will be combined to get my first bike ever running again, 85 vf500c) in the garage, you can tell where this trend is going. so long as i can ride, i will be. oh and i'm 26.

14. flyfisher54

flyfisher54 New Member

54years young

I am 54 years young,have been riding since I was 12,started out on a sears
    moped. I haved owned Suzuki mostly up to 1984. Then I bought a 1100 GoldWing,currently have a 1996 GL1500,and my pride and joy,A pearl black 2006 VFR800,which i plan to ride for a long long time!

15. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Sepp: Do ya think the young whipper-snappers even know what a whipper-snapper is? :wink:

Lance: A serious question: 'Central' Iowa differs from other parts of Iowa in what way? Is the corn different there somehow?
    Maryland it too small a state to have a 'Central Maryland' Though there are two distinct shores.

(if you click the "edit" button below your post, you can delete all the text and it goes away, I think)

16. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Hey Nozzle, that all sounds very familiar. To this day every time I go to Wally-World, or the like, I check out the Hot Wheels to see if Mattel has re-released a un-farkled version of the '69 El Camino. Haven't found one yet.

But I'll fess up: 44

My first ride at age 10 was a pull start mini-bike. Moved to a 400-4 than a 750 (both Honda) in my late teens early 20's. Figured out I was basically a squid, and that I was probably better off not riding for a while, when I high centered the 750 in a rather low speed turn and went face into the pavement. Was 24 years before I got another bike. But when I sat on the VFR, I knew that was it!

17. GTI

GTI New Member

Map
    I`m 29 and started riding at 16. Sold my bike when I was 18 and didn`t own another bike until 2005.

18. hondanutty

hondanutty New Member

Soon to be 38 and I have been riding since before I can remember..started on the farm riding the two Trail 90s (gotta love an automatic clutch & hi/low range) through the hills of WV. Soon went on the hard top and haven't looked back!
    "Only a motorcyclist understands why a dog sticks his head out of a car window"

19. brutus

brutus New Member

DANIMAL...just turned 50 here too. July, 8th. Every day is blast, despite the aches in places I didn't even know I had when I was younger!!!

Been on two wheels and motors since the age of 16, and I have NO plans to stop. The VFR is the Nirvana Narcotic for the (alleged) mid-life crisis. Keep the wheels rollin' and dig the escape from the mundane. You KNOW what I mean...

brutus

20. MrDe

MrDe New Member

I'm 63 years young and started riding when I was in the Navy in the early 60's. Learned most of my riding in the dirt. I'll ride until I no longer feel in control and it stops being something I need to do.