What' your boots...?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by RVFR, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Also I think Revizilla and Cycle Gear are now partnered or co owned. The speed talking Anthony that does many of their reviews actually has good information and reviews. Like the one in the bottom link above.

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  3. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Went to Cyclegear today. Was disappointed with the selection.

Didn't try anything on.

Looked at the "Bilt" boots. If these boots are poor quality, they did a good job of hiding it. At least by their look and feel.
    The "Pole position" for $99 was attractive but I had failed to notice it was an air boot, I want 4 season. The "Speed Racer" for $89 is a bargain, but if price is actually an indication of quality I might as well go ahead and spend twice that much and step up to the next tier.

Looked at the Alpinestars SMx6. Nice but out of my "new" price range. And it was another $30 for the WP model.

So I'm looking at two boots to order online.

I'm leaning toward the Cortech Latigo WP. It has some of the anti 'wrenching' features that OOTV mentioned:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rL2rZhKvZlrArDWRgthE7_7_rmfFUnmzcohoCq_bw_wcB

Or the Sidi "Fusion". The WP version has no toe sliders but hey, we all can't be road racers :eek:hwell:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...JtAJ8y_4ujwRi-kQhD_xDYxth7eqJcm6ifhoCQC3w_wcB

Any thoughts?

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Don't for get if you know your size, to check out ebay , most of the time you can save some big bucks.

5. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Mine too. Incidentally, mine are BMW branded, but who cares?

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Wow Rob sorry for the disappointment--- the one out here has so many selections--- guess it depends on if it's a franchise and the owner knows what people are needing and looking for or just carry the cheap ass shit for newbies. I see guys out here in shorts and tank tops with the chest protector vest and Velcro knee and elbow pads
    SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I have never had Coretech boots but have had many of their other products and they were of very good quality. The Sidi's look to be be pretty good for the money. There are some Alpine Starts on sale at Revizila too.

8. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Yeah ducc, the one in Lynwood WA is just a hole in the wall. One entire wall (well almost) is helmets, but I wasn't looking for one. They have racks and racks of Jackets and pants and bins of gloves. Lot's of other goodies. But the boot rack is small and stuck at the back corner. On top of that, 1/2 of the boot rack is off-road. I saw a few tires. I asked the gal if they mount and balanced. (pretty smooth eh?). She said she's been trying to get them to get the equipment and said maybe by the 1st of the year.

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well Duccmann did post a different thread about the TCX closeout happening now. Those S-Speed WP versions with their TCS protection setup I got were only $231. Even less since I had some Zilla cash I used.

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Although it's been quite a while since I've been to the store that Duccmann spoke of, the few by me in the OC still seem hell bent on carrying mostly their Bilt and Sedici lines on the shelves but very little of the other brands they sell. Of course they tell you they can order it but how do you know if it will fit or not?

I will say that after the buy out of Revzilla by the parent company that owns CG, they have slowly been putting in brands that they didn't carry, like Schuberth but I still don't frequent their stores like I use to.

The last turn off for me was when the guy told me he could special order some oil they didn't have on the shelf, I told him I would probably do that and asked for a price. After telling me the price, I said OK, then he tells me that I would actually have to buy it by the case though! No thanks, ended up by sheer coincidence finding it at a local shop right around corner from me as I went by there on my way home just for giggles. They were mostly a salvage place but did sell some expendable items too.

11. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    I have a pair of TCX Gore Tex touring boots that I bought a year ago when I got my license. They do the job but I suppose you can get better protection. They are btw quite water proof, my Dainese suit isn't though. Got a D-Dry jacket and Gore Tex pants and in my second long-ish ride it was absolutely pissing down. Only my head was dry when I got home and the feet were wet only due to the water running from my legs after the pants stopped being water proof :)
    The seller stating that the jacket would keep my dry exaggerated, a bit. He told a story of another customer who had ridden a couple of days in Norway in pouring rain and had been dry. I call bulls***...

12. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    So how many of the boot buyers here actually go more for styling than functionality so they can look like the fast guys?

Is wearing "last years" boots considered to be low on the totem pole?

IMO, what this country needs is a motorcycle sales channel featuring chicas who will keep us abreast of the latest fashions.

13. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well if fashion was a priority for me I'd have those Dainese Torque In boots as they do look sharp, but at almost twice the price I picked up my TCX S-Race boots, I went for the closeout deal on the TCX!

Actually almost all of my gear has been purchased on closeout, my wife's too. There were a few exceptions but never full price. Unless the new model has some sort of can't do without, doesn't make sense to not go for the closeout deal, many of the cost savings you get allow you to also get other much needed item(s) for the same price as the new item.

14. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    Joe Rocket Big Bang boots. I've had them for s verbal years. Once broken in, fairly comfortable walking around.

15. Badbilly

United States
    Keep in mind that much of the pitches aboot "Sale" at some X% is BS and that in SoCal there are not only the online suppliers of wearable gear but a shitload of brick and mortar stores within just a few miles of most folks that are urban dwellers. Lots of slogans and hype in retail including with the big daddy of em all, the one that prices shit at $X.99.. Bucks and cents or Pesos and centavos it's the SOS.. Bet somewhere on the WWW there's are lists of all the hyped up ways the retail trade works and the language used to extract pesos from the pockets of the uninformed.

The fashion or branding comes into play bigtime in more subtle ways. Example: I had dealings with Gerbings some years back. Great product, great people ect. This was at a time when the company was just getting recognized nationwide from doing "bike" shows. I was even offered a job as the "guy" on the road. New truck and lots of bennies. HD saw the quality of the product and bought in bigtime with a big check. HD is no slouch when it comes to biz. Bottom line here is go into a Harley Botique an price out a "Gerbings" product and than price out the same product on another non-HD source. Gerbings was sold and the family members walked away with lots of pesos in their pockets.

So when a tag states that some piece of "I gotta have " or I'll get it cause it's 40 off, the question should be 40 off what?

Then ya got need vs. want and the fear of dressing like SOW in his Dennis Rodman outfit..;)

16. northwood

northwood New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought a set of A* Toucan Boots. Effin love them. Not hot in 100 degrees, not cold when its 20 deg out. Goretex up past the ankle. Big sole for walking around and sturdy grip. Squeek a little right now when walking around because of the brace system, nothing some kind of plastic lube couldn't fix. A lot of my friends comment on how big they are, but, they are amazing protection and support and all around shoe. I will have these for YEARSSSS. Picked them up for a song ~$250 from an italian site.

17. Solarninja

Solarninja New Member

United States
    Map
    Ariat square toe steel toe work boots ( viffers work as construction commuters believe it or not

18. Badbilly

United States
    Back in the day when racing wasn't quite as fashion conscious the boots of choice were loggers boots. They were a bitch to break in but once done they could be worn all day.

Thankee Jesus that nobody yet has posted about flip-flops as gear.

19. jedmax

jedmax New Member

Old skool...Alpinestar GP Pro's. 1990 vintage.

20. sarge383

sarge383 New Member

United States
    Map
    a stars ridge. light weight and comfy. no issues with warmth yet down to about 45 F.