What's the craziest animal that has tried to kill you riding? Pls no RIP..

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by VaRollOn, Feb 21, 2007.

1. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    In Wyoming far from home doing tight switchbacks near a large lake we came around a left and suddenly a HUGE extremely pissed off badger came bounding up and out of the ravine left growling and snapping at my friend all the way across the lane. Missing him more by timing than effort we slipped by and I cackled in my helmet :pound: only because I was far right and close behind.

I have to tell 2 sorry...:biggrin: On that same trip 4 weeks later we were in Nevada going like 110 across the desert and he had a bird fully plug him right on the head on the eagle of his Roberts America helmet, snapping his head back we both almost crashed... when he turned to show me the blood covered side...me from losing it.

2. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Six horses running down the highway @ 2 am was probably the most potentially dangerous encounter to date. My first small critter kill on a bike was porcupine @ about 125mph last July or so, the viffer took it in stride w/o missing a beat(smell of roasted porcupine entrails burning on your engine is disturbing @ best). I have two deer hits & one deer kill to my record on a bike both w/ my 87' Yamaha Venture Royale(my insurance company really loved me $3400 worth of damage the first time(kept the bike up & killed the deer w/ the hiway peg thru the rib cage) 2nd one $5000 worth of damage, put the bike down hard & no deer to show for it 3 cracked ribs, a broken thumb & a nasty scalp abrasion( no lid on) one thing I learned w/ the Venture when the rubber leaves the road & it hits the crash bar the next thing to hit the road is the highest point of the bike or your head which ever come first.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    SLOVFR and I ran into cattle that we had to herd back into the pasture on a ride out to Parkfield back in the fall. I should have gotten pics but I was having too much fung using the V4 growl to herd the cattle.

4. PicVFR

PicVFR New Member

Two deer being chased by a ticked-off raccoon from a ditch beside a bridge so I couldn't see them approaching the road until I was on top of them. The lead deer crossed in front of me and the second, like all stupid deer do, followed the first without stopping and brushed the right side of the bike. Thankfully didn't go down. Had fur stuck in the seam between the solo cowl and tail section as proof for the boys when I arrived at work.

Lucky no contacts for this one. I live rural and was going home late after work (shift worker). Going through an s bend close to the house, I saw a car stopped in the middle of the curve in my lane. Thought he was in trouble so I slowed down to see if he was ok (yes, we still do that here). Had I kept going past I would have run into a large herd of cattle, which had escaped their fence, on the far side of the bend hidden by trees.

Karma points cashed in there, trust that little voice in the back of your head.

Hope you all are as lucky.

5. pbrownw

pbrownw New Member

Was heading home just after dark on a back road near my house, saw a rabbit run across just in front of me, but I wasn't expecting there to be a fox chasing right behind him. Just missed the fox but was close enough that I could have kicked it.

6. brianereed

brianereed New Member

When I took a trip to Wyoming and Colorado, I saw more prairy dogs dead on the side of the road than I saw alive. I swear they were trying to play chicken with me on the bike. I'm used to squirrels out east that try to dodge around the road until you get them, but these prairy dogs are just trying to get a thrill, straight across the road, as close to your tire as possible. I missed all but one.

7. justhoppy

justhoppy New Member

When I lived in Alaska we had a stretch of road that was infested with suicidal rabbits. This stretch of road was about 80 miles long. After clipping one rabbit with my foot peg I slowed my pace to a crawl. Several times I had to stop because two or three of the rabbits would just run out in the middle of the road and stop. I think I counted over 200 rabbits on that trip.

8. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

prarrie dogs are freakin hilariously close to lemmings in my opinoin- thats all's I have to say about that.

9. Nailer45

Nailer45 New Member

I hit and Killed a 6 point buck with my 1984 VF750F Interceptor..I didnt go down but i did have brown fur stuck in the left side of the radiator and in the cracks in the fairing/ and a shifter that was bent facing the rear wheel. Hit the damn thing at 85mph and the impact hurt and when i looked at the speedo again i was only doing 25mph.

10. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    I know its corny, but I love these kind of stories...thanks guys!

I've got another. The Wild Turkey incident of Ought 3.
    Traveling with 3 other bikes on rt 33 in WV coming downhill pretty good clip, my friend in front decided to pass on double yellow.... He pops out and as he's downshifted fully pegged on the throttle of his 86 VFR he realized not only was an F150 coming the other way but 4 wild Turkeys have invaded the highway, going in all directions. I didnt follow him as passing on DY isn't usually my style. He went right then left, locked rear by accident then on gas to barely miss pickup(who had stopped, seeing the turkeys thank God!) We still make fun of him trying to bag dinner WHILE RIDING!:biggrin:

11. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    On the way to the '05 Snowy Ride I exited a corner to find 3 kangaroos on the other side of the road. I hit the anchors real quick, was only doing 10-15km/h when I drew level with the 'roos. One of them then started to hop after me, I didn't hang around to find out what he wanted.

Other than that, the only things I've hit have been insects.