When is it going to stop???

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by fink, Feb 15, 2018.

1. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I dgaf either. :)

2. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    I see your Vegas shooting incident and raise you our 9-11 incident where edged weapons/tools were instrumental in the hijacking of the commercial airliners used to crash into the Twin Towers (and one that didn't). To the best of my knowledge, not one gun was used by the POS terrorists.

Eagle Six likes this.
  3. Eagle Six

Eagle Six New Member

United States
    Map
    It's also not hard to see the distinction that more people are killed with a knife device than a rifle device! But why don't we go to the bottom line, what would you, who is from Paisley, like me, who is from Arizona, to do? Spell it out please?

4. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Still missing the point. He was barricaded in a room, alone. A knife would be of zero use, whereas a gun allowed him to mass murder.
    Keep your guns, you obviously love them more than your children.

fink likes this.
  5. Eagle Six

Eagle Six New Member

United States
    Map
    Thank You, I'll take this part as your answer, which I can understand your sentiment.

This was sarcasm and innuendo that was unnecessary and didn't surprise me.

Samuel likes this.
  6. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    nevermind... WTI. ::click:: smh

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  7. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Sarcasm? It's perception.

8. mwlehman

mwlehman New Member

United States
    Map
    every day in US 11 teenagers die from texting .....not to mention the people they drive over

texting kills more than shooting up school but there is no outrage because the majority of people do it..

Samuel likes this.
  9. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    It’s because it has become the norm just like drink driving.

When you quote 11 teenagers a day is that 11 in one incident, or 11 in 11 incidents.

A single death at a time whilst tragic on its own falls into insignificance when it is compared to say 10, 14, 17, 30 and so on. It makes more of a headline the higher the number and keeps the satellite circus happy.

Samuel likes this.
  10. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Analogies of teens texting doesn't even come close to the devastation caused by assault weapons.Texting is a serious problem non the less, however, injuries from accidents caused by texting pale in comparison to injuries from AR-15's. Accidents can range from minor fender benders to deadly crashes, but if you are hit by a bullet from an AR-15, you don't stand much of a chance, so say the trauma surgeons who treat these wounds:

"What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“You will see multiple organs shattered. The exit wounds can be a foot wide.”

“I’ve seen people with entire quadrants of their abdomens destroyed.”

From another surgeon:
    "The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.

“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”

11. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    The AR-17 may have a muzzle velocity of 4000-4250 feet per second (at best), but the 25 gram bullet's energy goes from only 800 ft lbs at the muzzle to 575 ft lbs at 100 feet. In comparison, my 12 gauge shot gun using a sabot slug, has a muzzle velocity of 3086 feet per second, and the bullet at 385 grams, has 3086 ft lbs at the muzzle, and 1771 ft lbs at 100 feet. At 100 feet, the 12 gauge still has more than twice the foot pounds of energy that the AR has at the muzzle. I have shot white tailed deer with my 12 gauge. If it did equal damage (to the game that I would like to feed myself with) as these “trauma surgeons” suggest the AR does, it would be a waste of perfectly good venison. The 12 gauge has a slower velocity, but because of the larger bullet, it has much more knock down power than a pea shooter like an AR-17.

mwlehman likes this.
  12. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Holy Cow! Guns! Americans for the most part want to keep them, and it will be damn hard , and I mean damn hard to take them away. Make it a process to own one to me is fine (CBI background checks are mandatory as well as new ownership registration in Utah is standard) To make it illegal is not for me! If you have children, love them and make sure they are ok -take time to talk not work) if you have one lock the fucker up. Pray for those lost and the families. Take note of the other thousands annually killed by criminal acts with "ILLEGAL GUN OWNERSHIP" as well as those going to church or school. Mental heath is an issue in most countries and more so in the U.S. with guns. 95% of those killed by firearms are with a handgun not an "assault" rifle. Most of all of the children that died in these publicized incidents where killed by a hand gun. Mass killings for adults mostly came from "assault" rifles not handguns. People that are lost in the system (families that are out of touch and/or friends that do not see or talk but only text friends or family members and laugh off indicators) and are untreated or recognized will probably be isolated and feel like they do not matter. If so how better to become immortal that taking out innocents with our lack of human interaction to coup, than use our media system and knowing that the world finally sees you when you do so and kill yourself or at the hands of law enforcement that will be blamed for killing you if you story comes out so sad.

mwlehman likes this.
  13. mwlehman

mwlehman New Member

United States
    Map
    "18 percent of murders and crimes are committed with guns from people who actually (legally) purchase those guns."

so making guns illegal will stop 18% of murders and crimes..and gun smuggling to USA will increase dramatically ...shit we can not stop drug smuggling, what the hell makes you think the criminals won`t smuggle guns...holy crap think of the market that will create

what needs to be done is to figure out why people are killing people..taking away a legal tool will cause them to use and illegal tool...oh wait, 82% of them are already using an illegal tool..

Samuel likes this.
  14. Vulcanator

Vulcanator New Member

United States
    This is silly on so many levels. The muzzle loading rifle was state of the art when the Bill of Rights was ratified. Using that same logic, does that mean only the written and spoken word should apply to the First Amendment because they were the only way to express it back then?

Bubba Utah and Eagle Six like this.
  15. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Sling shots and bow and arrow only for the new American's! and bows only made of pine not maple or oak!:deadhorse:

16. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    The same day people stop hijacking airplanes and coddling muslims.

17. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    So, exactly how do you protect and isolate yourself from all these "fucked up" people? Why do you live in the US of A? Where are people not "fucked up". How are you part of the solution?

18. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Do you have a problem with Muslims by any chance?

Kinder.jpg

19. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    He has a problem full stop.

20. Eagle Six

Eagle Six New Member

United States
    Map
    Another worthless point, as are often used in drive-by's on the internet.