Who Going To Sbnw Aug. 21-24

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by whitesmokeyzf, Jun 20, 2008.

1. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

This event is in Stevenson WA. I wait for it all year. Lots of bikes and nice people. If we choose, we could get a group camp area, but I need to Email Tom and let him know soon. $100 for four days of caping at the fairgrounds, a breakfast & Dinner on Saturday, and they open MARY HILL ROAD, just for us, (NO SPEED LIMIT). Beer garden every night, all Sport bikes and Sport touring, About 500-600 bike last year. You also get a t-shirt, and a map book of the forest roads that are killer below Mount Saint Helens. All of us VFR guys could meet up for a vfr only group ride and take some pics and stuff. Heres the Web site; Sportbike Northwest 2008: Welcome

Let me know if you think you would be intrested in a VFR campsite area, if not you just camp where ever you want at the fair grounds.

:strong:

Take Care
    Bill

2. TC VFR

TC VFR New Member

Sbnw

I'll be there but with another group. We are riding the week before SBNW to Glacier National Park.

3. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

Sorry guys VFRW before SBNW!

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Good choice Shorty

Will see you in August:)

5. TC VFR

TC VFR New Member

Vfrw

OK give me some info on VFRW, where and when?

6. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

7. TC VFR

TC VFR New Member

Vfrw/sbnw

I would be there if it weren't for SBNW. I going with good friends. It is our yearly ride. We call it the Epic Ride 08, we started it last year as Epic Ride 07 and hope to keep it going as long as possible. Last year we left from my house in Bend, OR and went South. This year we start in Boise, ID and head North. We end the ride at SBNW. Hopefully I will get to meet you guys on another ride soon. Have fun and see you on the road. :sportbikesmile:

8. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

Yeah I wouldn't mind going to SBNW (never been before) but unfortunately its the weekend that worked best for most people on the VFRW meet. Hopefully the VFRWM can be an annual thing...

9. TC VFR

TC VFR New Member

Vfrw

I would love to get together with a bunch of VFRs. That would be cool. Another time for sure...

10. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

I'd like to do a VFR NW thing soon, I'll make a post about it though!

Have fun at SBNW

11. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

Dude,
    You guys planned the VFRW event just last week. I started the original thread. To have the same time as an annual event like SBNW was crazy. This is the 6th annual SBNW event, you will loose VFRW attendance for sure. You guys should have shot for September. Then I could have gone :smile: . As far as a NW event, was my original thought when I started the other thread and several of the guys turned it into a global, worldwide stinkin feasco. :unsure:
    The old saying sometimes less is more. Yah Know? Hope you guys have fun and a good turn out.

12. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

I would rather not have the VFRW meet the same time as the SBNW but like I've said, its the weekend that works best for most people. The problem with going into September is people/their kids are going back to school which can create a lot of issues.

Because we are going to lose people to SBNW thats why I was going back to the idea of also having some NW thing - whether that is a day trip or a weekend. I won't be able to take time off from work for it though.

13. TC VFR

TC VFR New Member

Vfr Nw

How about a get together on the coast just a day or week end group meeting. Maybe lunch or dinner at Moe's in Lincoln City anything would work. I'm open to ideas.....

14. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

Great Idea, Thats what I was thinking all meet on a saturday or sunday somewhere, take some pics and meet some of you guys.

15. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

TC VFR. What you doing this Saturday. I am thinking about running out to Cougar Resivor east of Eugene and back 58. Wanna go?

16. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map

Well, since I am one of the "several of the guys" that created the "fiasco"....I must say... don't be hatin' on me! We have talked about having "another" VFRW meetup for awhile now. Your idea was not the first. We already had Reggies VFRW meetup/BBQ earlier this year. The Northern Cal/Reno idea is just place that more people can meet up at. I had no idea about the dates for your SBNW meetup, and that our time lines would overlap. This weekend just happens to workout for more people. Like you said, maybe you can make the next one. I hope that the SBNW thingy is a blast for you. Too bad you couldn't make it to the VFRW dinner we had in Portland a couple weeks ago....would have been nice to meet ya in person.

Ride on.....

17. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

Odviously not the first guy with the Idea and I am never haten. I did mention the SBNW thing on the other thread and did exspress my concern there. Since I started the post I do have the right to speak to its intent. But all that aside, Im bummed I will miss it. Lets plan something for next year and start earlier. If we can make it the same date (or close to the same date) every year (like SBNW) we will have a better turn out and people will have something to look forward to. Make it an annual thing. I volunteer to help get it together. Lets see how your VFRW meet does this time and get organized next time. Find a good place to gather and camp. Let the city council know where coming, that kind of stuff.

18. tgreene5

tgreene5 New Member

OK - what is SBNW??

I'm new to this

Theresa

19. TC VFR

TC VFR New Member

Sbnw

Theresa look up Sport Bike NW on the computer it is a 4 day rally for sport bikes in Stevenson, WA. Mucho fun.... Check it out.

20. whitesmokeyzf

whitesmokeyzf New Member

I think you like Clam Chowder, Seems like every other post you post mentions it. Im with you man :strong:

Sport bike NW rocks. Hears the link: Sportbike Northwest 2008: Welcome

Sign up, we can hang out, I know quite a few people there. A couple of people that I met there have become great friends. This event is full of people who just love to ride, talk bikes and just have a good time. Im signed up and ready to go. Ill be going up on Thursday and leaving Sunday, but if you cant get the time off ; Friday night, Saturday & Sunday is a great time and worth every cent. They have Demo rides, feed yah breakfast and dinner on Saturday and open "Mary Hill" . If you cant make the VFRW atleast do this. :smile: