Why a VFR is AWESOME!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DaHose, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JimFife777

JimFife777 New Member

Map
    The only "flaw" in the scenario is the growing fleet and therefore only room for one bike. o_O
    I'm happy I am at a point where I can get my 3 bikes (and my wife's bike) on one side of the garage. One for every desire of riding style I like. :Crazy:

2. Bob Konkel

Bob Konkel New Member

United States
    Love my VFR. Why ask why?

Bubba Utah likes this.
  3. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    just waiting for the market to go tits here as most bikes seem to be bought on the 'personal hire contracts' and if people get into difficulties they are locked into contracts they cannot easily get out of, the same thing as the car market as well, it used to be that if you saw somebody driving a BMW you thought 'they must be doing well' now any bugger can get one so the exclusiveness of them has gone and the price of new bikes in the UK are madness as far as I am concerned.On another matter is the fact that people say that they cannot afford a mortgage as the deposit is so high, they more than likely have a brand new car outside a big phone contact and holidays to have then they wonder why they struggle to get onto the housing market

4. philois1984

philois1984 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Let’s compare apples with apples guy’s. I recently rented a 2016 BMWs1000r for 4 days, yes the power was incredible, far more than my 8th gen vfr800. The Aprilia Tuono I am sure would leave a VFR in it’s dust and there are plenty of bikes with far longer lists of goodies. But some of these bikes are well over $20,000 in Australia. I paid $13,000 (Australian) for my brand new VFR. What other bike in this price range offers the build quality, ride comfort, reliability, performance and handling of a VFR? (oh and you get that V4 sound thrown in for free) I have now owned it for 16 months and put 15,500 km on it and I couldn’t be happier with it. When someone produces a better bike for around the same price I will consider it. It is all down to personal likes and dislikes. I have just put my first video on YouTube if you want to check it out search Honda VFR800 Twistys.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  5. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    This is sort of funny, I tried the street tripple last year when I was trying to understand what I wanted instead of my ER6 and it just didn't do anything for me that the ER6 didn't already. There might have been a bit more power but not enough to make me buy one. I suppose that I really wanted to get away from a naked bike without really knowing but when I sat on the VFR and throttled up, I was sold then and there.
    The firm I bought my bike from was sloppy as hell and there was a fair bit of problems (for one they inactivated it making it illegal for me to drive) but the bike, I love it. Makes me smile every time I ride it.
    I might very well appreciate a S1000RR power wise but it's not the bike I'm looking for since I want a pillion for example, oh and the insurance in Sweden would be SICK.

my €0,02 :)

/R