year model parts info

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by jaxtell671, Jul 10, 2008.

1. jaxtell671

jaxtell671 New Member

I am starting to build my bike back up after being hit by a car a while back and was wondering if there was a site or maybe someone knew of the years and bikes I could scrounge parts from. I have a 1986 interceptor 750 pretty much bone stock but i need most of the right side replaced. Any help appreciated

2. Gray Market

Gray Market New Member

Map
    Here is a parts fiche for you ...

Hello:

Here is a great on-line parts fiche for you:
    honda partsmanual fiche vfr750f 86 750 interceptor vfr750

CMS is in The Netherlands. So, why would I point you to a parts fiche in The Netherlands? Well, for some great reasons.

This parts fiche has a great feature. Just poke around in there - find a part in the exploded view - isolate a part number from the fiche - and click on the underlined part number. A window will open under the heading, "Suited for Models." That cross-reference will tell you EVERY bike, which uses that part. So, this answers the all-too-often asked question, "Will a widgit from an '86 fit my '87?"

Also, as you open a parts page, notice the "+" and "-" on the page. Click on those and you can zoom into the page, and get a closer look at the fiche. Sometimes, if you cannot expand/enlarge the page, it is difficult to identify/isolate the part you are seeking.

So, once you have the part number in hand, you can purchase the part from your favorite parts distributor.

Gray Market

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  3. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    There's a 1986 Interceptor 500 on the Raleigh, NC Craigslist for $200. Maybe the parts would interchange?

4. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map