You dropped it how many time!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by 34468 Randy, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I tend to think I ride elderly but it is probably my own perception.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Now that the subject of dropping bikes is nearly exhausted, how about our two avuncular old farts tell us about dropping the many other wheeled vehicles available.

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Most of the wood touching here in the US is done by harleydoods who are not, shall we say, discriminating.

4. MUMZ16

MUMZ16 New Member

4 times and once at the mac machine with a line thank god everytime its happen i was standing still
    which make it bad oh at the stop sign at the end of my block thats bad too only went 1/2 a block lol
    the next question should be be how many mirror have i bought 5

5. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Let's see...

1.Original owner's wife dumped it in the garage.

2. I dropped it at Reg's house at one of the early R3s.

3. I dropped it in Reno on a slope while on the phone.

4. I crashed it last winter.

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I will put you down for just three seeing as you are not responsible for anyone else failures other than your own. LOL!

7. waterdude141

waterdude141 New Member

if we are going all out truth... 6. Though I admit to only 5. xD Those are all from 0-2 MPH drops though. If that makes it better.. though I would think that makes it MORE embarrassing

8. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. All of mine were at a stop though one of them was just so. So we are a truthful bunch here so you are getting the big 6

9. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    You are cordially invited -new members specially- to share your drops here. Bump.

10. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Again, I have two drops on a road bike. One was serious (hit a cow) and one was merely embarrassing at a stop. As for dirt bike drops, I have fallen countless times!

11. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Already gotcha man. This was a bump to the post and I thank him for that. BTW. I haven't dropped mine since my initial claim here. But new graphics are coming soon, and I am heading south to see Scubalong, so a drop may be in my future again.

12. ricky

ricky New Member

United States
    Map
    Add one more to mine :(
    Supermoto Trackday. forgot to lower tire pressure after seating the beads. Front end starts chattering in a left hand turn and couldn't( didn't have to skill to) recover. Down I go.

[video=youtube;4zYsLPU1gv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYsLPU1gv0[/video]

13. ricky

ricky New Member

United States
    Map
    Some running off track during the same session: Clearly I was riding a bit over my skill and/ getting tired. I was also working on the bike till 1:45 am before the trackday and woke up at 5.

[video=youtube;voXS10m4iME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXS10m4iME[/video]

14. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Let me know if you want to have a beer when you get here. A couch and my fridge -well, my wife's fridge- are at your disposal.

15. joner7777

joner7777 New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Knicked my older brothers chopperized BSA Bantam D7 !!-- first time on a motor bike , went around a country lane stepped on rear brake which worked better than a push bike ,slid right around underneath a rubbish cart coming around the corner quite slow.
    They pulled me out, I rode home to get a bigger kicking from my brother for taking his bike.

Then a few years ago Honda 250 dream , side stand down on a hill, walking away , crash! I should have left it in gear !

Live and learn!

16. ftl900

ftl900 New Member

Map
    Dogs on the road are truly terrifying. In high school, I had a Honda CL350 and was motoring (slowly) thru a residential neighborhood when a (large-ish) dog chasing a cat came at me from the right side.
    The cat shot right in front of my front tire, trying to put my bike between him and the dog. The dog didn't time it as well as the cat, and slammed into the side of my front wheel knocking me to the ground... then jumped back up, shook himself off, and continued after the cat at a high rate of speed.

I can barely keep up with how many bikes I've owned, much less how many tip-overs. I grew up on dirt bikes, so there are numerous get-offs there.
    I'm sure I've owned at least one motorcycle that hasn't fallen over, but I can't think of which one. OK, maybe my Superhawk. I don't think I've ever tipped it over.

Back to the VFR... I have one qualifying tip-over, altho I bought the bike with battle scars on both sides from the previous owner.
    I was in California, and was headed uphill when I needed to do a u-turn on a tight canyon road- a buddy had just crashed into a guardrail, and I needed to turn around.
    Between the tight turn, the incline, and not having my mind where it needed to be, I lost my balance and dropped it to the inside.
    Broke the clutch lever end off, but I was still able to ride it home to Vegas with the 3-finger clutch. Buddy was okay but his bike a little uglier after the guard rail confrontation.

So my score is like this:
    VFR: 1
    All bikes: ∞

17. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    They are one of my biggest terrors. I live way out in the sticks. A lot of city people are moving out here, getting a few acres and letting "Tippy" run because there is so much wide open spaces. All that land belongs to someone. The same rules apply in the country as in the city. Good neighbors keep their animals and livestock on their own land. The sad truth is the dogs running wild are a danger, not only to riders, joggers and cycles but they usually get killed out on the road. If they don't die they learn very quickly to stay off the roads. I like dogs a lot and I keep mine on my property.

Buzzards are another road hazard around here. They can be found picking the carcass of a possum or skunk in the middle of the road. When startled they will leap slowly into the air and fly two or three feet off the ground. These things are big and can ruin your day if you hit one. I have ducked and sailed under a buzzard twice on my bike and I have hit one with a car.

18. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Updated your crowning achievements Riccardo!

19. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I haven't seen my first wife in over 25 years now. No wonder. SHE MOVED TO TEH GREAT STATE OF TEXAS! Yea fuggen haw!

20. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Just found pix of one of my drops in California first time I was down. Not quite sure who helped me pick it up. Pretty sure that is SilverSurferRWB in the grey jacket though. He wasn't an RWB back then though. Not quite sure who the second person helping was though. I am pretty sure it was flailer who snapped the photoManage to ride it home after that. BTW. Scubalong was in that group of riders so I am a tad suspicious of the reason for that fall. P1060548.jpg