You too can text at the ton!!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Chicky, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Chicky

Chicky New Member

United States
    Map
    I know many of you wish you could be like me and text at the ton... some are more vocal about it than others... yes, you know who you are... but, even if you don't want to text at the ton, I know you've all had those situations where you're stopped at a light or on the side of the road and just need to look at your phone for one quick thing... someone's address, see if a text came in, check VFRWorld... :crazy: But, you can't do it quickly... you have to take your gloves off, then when you're finished you have to take the time to put your gloves back on. It can be a real pain in the butt. But, when I was out in NJ at the International Motorcycle Show in NYC, I came across a very cool product. I actually considered being a distributor for them because they have no one out west. But after researching further I decided against it. However, I still think it is a great product and the best thing of all is it really works!! I have a couple pairs of summer gloves that I can use with my phone, but most of my gloves including all of my winter gloves don't work.

The product I discovered is called Thumbdogs. They are thimble-like sleeves that you slip over the fingertips of your gloves. Whatever material they are made out of is recognized by the smart phone screens and allows you to use your phone with your gloves on!! They retail on the site for 12.99, but I asked the guys if they could setup a discount code for people and they did. So... when you buy them, there will be a place for a discount code. Enter "chicky" and you'll get 15% off. It will help offset some of the "shipping and handling fee".

I waited til now to share it with everyone because the ones I got had a light sticky substance around the edge that was supposed to keep them on my gloves. The index fingers came off quickly, and I have to keep an eye on the thumbs. They told me they were changing the design to using a neoprene ring that will work better. They just contacted me to let me know that they have that version tested and available. So, I thought it safe to spread the word. If you get them, let me know how you like them... btw, they come in packs of 4, so you can use two on thumbs, two on index fingers, or just use two on whatever fingers you choose and use two as backup...

So to summarize... ThumbDogs and use coupon code chicky for a 15% discount. They're also great if you ski or wear gloves when out shooting!!

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Mine work fine with my glove on, thanks for sharing Chicky