Your First Concert was?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by nozzle, Apr 16, 2008.

1. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    So it is almost Concert Tour time here in the USA with groups on their summer tours. Heard Huey Lewis and the News will play at my local Volenteer Fire Department in June! I have tickets to take my sons and best buddy since kindergarden to see Rush! and thought hey, I went to my first concert with him back in 81(?)

Went to see Journey "Escape" Tour. Point Blank opened for them at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, MD. There was a dude in the front row that stood the entire show and waved frantically during every song... even the slow ones.

After the show I understood the difference between the lawn (blanket with date laying next-on you) and pavillion (arm rests) seats.

So what did you see where when for your first concert?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. Digitaleejit

Digitaleejit New Member

The Jackson 5 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco around 1973-74.

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    The first concert I went to was an Alabama concert. My sister and her then b/f (now husband) took me with them. It was a good show. Though I must say I am not a big concert goer either.

4. Sebspeed

Sebspeed New Member

United States
    Map
    My first big-name concert was Ozzy, Rob Zombie, and Mudvayne. The "Merry Mayhem" tour.

5. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    I never had money to go to concerts... I went and saw Bare Naked Ladies a couple years ago.....

6. gwooly

gwooly New Member

The RATT-Poison tour back in 86. Was in Jr. High and first time I wore ripped up jeans (Mom was pissed-she just didn't understand ripping brand new jeans). Went with some high school buddies of mine. Great concert. Favorite band I ever saw though was Metallica (6 times) - I should say, early Metallica (before Black album).

7. benjammer

benjammer New Member

Gwolever, we must be from the same era I remember those 80's bands was in High School.
    I know Stuka will get a kick out of this but my first concert was Rick Springfield, and the group Till Tuesday opened up for him.
    Best Concert was Def Leppard.

8. Longerfellow

Longerfellow New Member

United States
    Map
    Elvin Bishop, Doctor Hook, and Commander Cody (and his lost planet airmen) at the Cow Placae in 1972

9. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

Small $5 buck concert in Portland for some local bands... they all sucked but one, who the members became like family to me shortly after. Now they tour all over the NW and CA. Guess you could say I am roadie for them. :cool:

10. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    First concert I attended was the Oak Ridge Boys

First concert I attended by choice was Def Leppard

11. t money

t money New Member

Yeah baby, that would be 1983, Judas Priest and the "Screaming for Vengeance" tour.

12. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Rock on brother!

Good Time to see the Priest!

My first concert was Billy Joel & Elton John and all they played was their classic stuff.

BZ

13. Nitrousva

Nitrousva New Member

Map
    Yes, thank God for concert season, I can't wait for the Warped Tour to come around, I've been going for the last 10 years or so.

My first was Van Halen, with Diamond Dave in 1983.... From what I can remember!

14. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

Embarassingly enough, my parents dragged me to an Air Supply show back in the early 80s, I try and forget that experience.

Otherwise, my first real one by choice was 1988 in Sacramento, Slayer opened up for Judas Priest. Awesome show.

15. pjvtec

pjvtec New Member

Map
    First show was Stryper, and Hurrican. Milwaukee Auditoriun Apr. 4th, 1986. Might still have ticket stub. 12th birthday gift from the folks.

16. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I believe my first concert was Bob Dylan at the McCormick Place Amphitheatre in Chicago. He did the first half acoustic and the second half electric. Fan response was about 50/50. Fantastic concert. I'm embarrassed to admit I also saw Sonny and Cher at this theatre.

I saw the Doors in Chicago at the theatre right behind Roosevelt University (can't recall the name at the moment, but I believe it was called the Auditorium Theatre). This was a great, great concert. I also saw Janis Jopplin here - drunk as a skunk, but could she sing! Amazing.

Gosh, now that I think about it, Sonny is dead, Janis is dead, Jim Morrision is dead, and only Bob Dylan and Cher (at least physically) are still with us.

OK, I went beyond the survey question, but these concerts were so long ago I can't really remember which was the first. And there were many others. By now you know about how old I am.

17. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    I have smiled through every response... thanks.
    Def Lep... never saw them, before or after their drummer lost an arm

SCREEEEEEAMMIN', Screamin' for VENGENCE the world is defiled.... wow, have not had that riff through my head for awhile....

Ozzy played the Capital Center in like 1980 and a guy at school bused tables at the hotel Ozzy stayed at and over heard him telling his crew how kool it will be to see himself jam on the Jumbotron later that night...

I had a guy tell me Air Supply was one of the best concerts he'd seen... big surprise to him, so you did not loose nozzle cool points for attending.

Stryper?! You must have a yellow VFR and wear black leather? I remember them from Head Banger's Ball late on M-TV.

Saw the Oak Ridge Boys at the boy scouts national jamboree one year... my only country music concert prior to the Grand Olde Opry last summer ;-)

I had tickets lined up to see Led Zepplin, that is before they had to cancel their show. :-(

18. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Third grade. The Los Angeles Philharmonic. Vivaldi's, "Four Seasons" and Lizst's, "Les Preludes" Rimsky-Korsakoff's, "Flight of the Bumblebee".

19. desertman62

desertman62 New Member

Map
    KISS, Madison Square Garden 1977 12th row on the floor. Pretty sure I still have the ticket stub AND some confetti from the explosion at the finale.

20. nyteshades

nyteshades New Member

Beach boys....84 or 85