ZG Double Bubble Trouble - Props to Zero Gravity

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by JSzczesniak, Feb 11, 2011.

1. JSzczesniak

JSzczesniak New Member

Just wanted to pass along some info about my purchase from Zero Gravity - Double Bubble Light Smoke windscreen.

I purchased the somewhat hard to find light smoke ZG Double Bubble. The windscreen broke on install at the lower right tab. The screen was also very brittle and creaked at touch so it was hard to polish.
    Customer Service at ZG was awesome, took a while to get my screen to them and back but from what they told me they redesigned the fit for the 6th Gen screen completely.

They sent me a new screen and that one (current model) is much better and more flexible. I haven't had any problems with it since so just thought I would let you guys know.

Not that often you get great customer service!
    IMAG0372.jpg IMAG0374.jpg IMAG0370.jpg

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    awesome....thats good customer service... one that I had good returns from was super swamper tires...I had a set that were on the truck when I bought it. the lugs on the tire started to separate.when I called, the rep said that this was no good and asked If i had a set of tires that I could run around on.. I found some and he sent a call tag for the tires....he told me w=hen he got them that there was a manufacturing problem..and he would compensate me for my troubles...... I sent him a set of 36" tires...he sent me back a set of 38's the UPS delivery guy was not happy... I recommended these guys to everybody (at the time) for tires... he didn't have to do a damn thing due to me beingnot the original purchaser of the tires....

3. GuitarX

GuitarX New Member

JS, that screen looks awesome on your bike! I too have an '06 white and now you've got me thinking.... I just have the stock screen on mine. It does the job but that ZG looks beautiful.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    cool. I have considered getting another since I broke my old one.

5. CbusVFR

CbusVFR New Member

I just broke the bottom tab on my ZG light smoke DB install. I barely applied a tiny bit of pressure to push it in the slot and it snapped off. :mad:

6. JSzczesniak

JSzczesniak New Member

They have redesigned the screen to better fit, I do have to say, I broke the new one as well on install. Bottom right tab (facing the bike) snapped off and I used kid gloves putting it in. I talked to Customer service again and they are reworking it, re-running the line and will send me another one.
    If you purchased it recently, have your receipt, I would call them and ask for the warranty department.

Good luck with it!

7. Guj

Guj New Member

JS-

How tall are you and how much of a difference did you notice on the highway, (wind noise & deflection)?

8. JSzczesniak

JSzczesniak New Member

I'm about 6'3 and I noticed a huge and immediate improvment in the air flow on me and around the bike. It doesn't take all of the wind off of you being tall however the buffeting and wind whip I was getting with the stock screen was rediculous. When I ride with other VFR's and they have stock screens on I can basically take both hands off the bars while they are fighting the buffeting.

It is a huge improvment in the noise, wind, and the style.

Let me know if you have any other questions

9. Big3

Big3 New Member

I need to replace my zg screen after a it got busted...

10. dko15

dko15 New Member

Just rode hwy 1 south to pismo with my new Givi screen. Much less buffeting than my Zero Gravity