02-03 on the track?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by RC51Pilot, May 13, 2003.

1. RC51Pilot

RC51Pilot New Member

Anyone here put their '02 or '03 VTEC on the track at all?

I was wondering what it was like. I have pushed it on the street as hard as I've pushed my old blade but I'm a little dubious about the stock D204's on the track where my ego will really make me push it :)

I may just not go at all, but I had already paid my deposit and I'm dithering whether or not to cancel. I know I have to remove the centre stand, which sounds like a major PITA.

I just wondered if anyone else has done it yet?????

Thanks,
    RC

2. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

In early April I went to Reg Pridmore's CLASS school at Streets of Willow with my 02, with new Metzler Sportec M1s mounted. Despite the cold, they hooked up really well and I felt like I could push it hard without worrying. Very confidence inspiring and I'm sold on them now. The bike performed great at high rpms all day... Have fun! 8)

3. RC51Pilot

RC51Pilot New Member

Yeah I had the Sportec's on my 954 - they are sweet tires, I just didn't want to drop that kind of coin just for one trackday - I like having the high mileage tires for the street.

Thanks for your input I appreciate it. I think the VFR is a great handling bike, I'm just concerned about the tires.

Cheers,
    Russ

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry To dissapoint but ran my 02 in Feb last year and could not get out of the 12's. But did see the front wheel get 12-14, inches off the ground for the first time.