06 VFR 800 Lowerign dogbone issues?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by friedleyjr, Jan 29, 2013.

1. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

Like the title says. I have an 2006 vfr800 with abs and I have to have it lowered since my inseam of my pants is only about a 30. I went online and did some scouring and found soupy's preformance @ Soupys Performance, Motorcycle Lowering Kits, Motorcycle Raising Links
    I bought the kit for about $215.00. I am extremely happy with the kit and how easy it is to adjust the height. Part of the kit is a fully adjustable kick stand made of aluminum (Which I love due to weight and look. matches the aluminum frame well.)
    This weekend I was riding 2 up with the wifey and we had the dogbone snap in half at the heim Joint rod end. on us and I was wondering if there were any other people out there that might have had a similar occurance or if anyone has heard of anyhing like this happening before. I just wanted to know if I got a faulty unit or if this has happened before.
    Thank you for any assisance you can give me in advance.

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry for the mishap. Thank god you didnt lay it down with the wifey. hate to say it but you should of gone with the Lust Racing triangles. very easy to installl ...... are they going to refund $$$$$$$$?

3. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

No refund yet. I replaced the heim joint with a heavy duty one and fixed it within 24 hours for about $23.00. I contacted them to get them to send me another unit gotta send him the pics.
    I decided against other brands because of the lack of being adjustable. The lowering triangles are one size or turn it and see the other size. I needed to drop the bike almost 4 inches to get both feet flat footed.

4. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

I had Soupy's links on my Hayabusa. They are a very popular mod and I've never heard of them snapping.
    Is your wife a bit on the full figured side?

5. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Yup this problem happen before, one of the girl from VFRD almost not make it for Christmas. Her story can me found here or VFRD. I have post this not too long ago. I was plan to lower mine but change my mind after reading her story. Glad you both safe and tell the story.

6. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

She is about 130 lbs so not too big but she has meat on her bones.

7. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

thx scuba and i would recomend lowering if you are having trouble reaching.