07 Ducati 1098

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by RVFR, Dec 2, 2006.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yeppers got my hands on it, Whew!! is she hot! First showing of it here in the states.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sure does get my heart beating faster Nice huh?

2. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

Absolutely Stunning !
    I think James Brown would say something like: "That bike stays on the scene like a sex machine".
    I'd like to see one without the rear fender, and I know they left the rear signals on the fender for race purposes (ie. quick removal), but it would have been nice to see the rear signals integrated into the tail. With the cans located where they are, I dont see them making undertail kits for this bike, plus, who would want to mess with near-perfection anyway ?
    How much $ do they want for that beautiful beast?

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    A mere $14.995 for the standard $19.9 for the S model, funny even sexy doesn't do it justis once in person, it just screams and purrs, play with me please...

4. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

A mere $14.995 for the standard $19.9 for the S model, funny even sexy doesn't do it justis once in person, it just screams and purrs, play with me please...

>>>

I wanna play ! :smile:
    $14.5k is not really that bad. I mean, yeah, its a ton of cash for a motorcycle, but all things being equal, it's really a hell of a bargain. After all, it IS a cutting edge, bad to the bone, and sexy as hell Italian road machine. With Japanese liter bikes running close to $12k new, it's definitely worth considering.

Oh, and I think the message on the rear view mirror should say:
    "OBJECTS IN MIRROR WILL SOON BE DISAPPEARING BEHIND YOU"

Mike

5. daffy67

daffy67 New Member

Map
    One bike i would trade the VFR for in a heartbeat.:eek:

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Even thou this one wasn't at the show, this one is for the ones that if you don't like all that red, which by the way this one has me green with envy.

[​IMG]

Now we're talking.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  7. Rev

Rev New Member

Hell, just get one of each color :tongue:

Hey, since pics on the forum is the closest I will get to the show this year, did they have any Monsters there?

8. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    I love Ducati bikes - The 1098 will be available in three versions starting in February. The 1098 Biposto will carry a manufacturers suggested retail price of $14,995. The 1098 S will be priced at $19,995, while the limited edition 1098 S Tri-Colore will be $24,995. The 1098 S Tri-Colore will feature a evocative red, white and green racing livery and a Termignoni performance exhaust system, among other performance enhancements.

Prices in Canada will be $19,995 for standard version, while the 1098 S will be $24,995 and the Tri-Colore will be $29,995.

Check the link below:

http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinort...WJUK2NEIY2XU2CRNCB3CFFQKFUIHSIV2?newsId=14841

9. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    you mean one of these?

[​IMG]

10. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I was at the SMC on Friday night and that 1098 gave me instant wood :whoo: I was a little disappointed I couldn't sit on it to feel the position, probable would have gave them my deposit right then if the egro's was good... :pray:

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hell I think we both know better than that. Ducati + rider never = comfort. At least not their sportbikes from what I hear. My friend that rides their sport tour bike says it's not bad, but he is like 5'6" or so. You put my big ass on there and I'd be crying after an hour. I'd be laughin through those curves for an hour, though.

12. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I've been wanting to be an two bike garage for a while now and this is the first canyon carver that has exited me in a while, I know of Ducati reputation for being built for body's like V-Man's, but according to all the reviews and the Ducati reps, this one is suppose to be a little better...

13. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'm with you brother. this is the first ducati to truly excite me in a long time. I have never had a streetbike that I had to make payments on, but for this one, I might make an exception... it is so so so so tempting. I'm gonna have to take a look at it in person. I think I like the solid red better than the italy flagship...

14. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Just got done reading motor cyclist review on it and it makes me want to buy one even more, went to 2 Brothers today and they have two left coming in around march so I better make up my mind quick. Just hate buying a bike with out even sitting on it, little scared I won't have a chance to buy one if I don't put my non-refundable deposit down. But I did get a chance to sit on a 999 and it didn't feel to small and felt like it would be a lot of fun, but boy does that VFR position really spoil you...

15. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    It's alot more comfy to me than the 999 was. @ weeknds ago a few of us here in Germany went to see it, we even got to sit on it. There was a guy there actually buying one. My wife said that she didn't care if I got one, but also reminded me that when we get back to the States, i want to buy a Corvette Z06...decisions, decisions. Plus they are waay mega expensive here. The base model 1098 here is around 18,000 Euro if I remember correctly, and with the exchange rate, it's not in my price range. We called a dealer back in the States, and said that we could do all the paper wok through fax, but would actually have to show up to take delivery, and sign the fina; paperwork. We were hoping for a factory delivery, that would be sweet!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

16. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map

Great post Doug, I was so disapointed I didn't get to sit on one in the Seattle M.C. and feel how the egro's. I'll be in Italy and Southern France in the upcoming year and some how have a knack for going when the dollor is at its weakest (1.31) and suppose to decline even more.

You saying it's better than the 999 makes me feel better because the 999 for me was on the edge for my body 6' 210lb. Now if I can get rid of this thing called buyers remorse, I'll be good to go :smile:

17. douglasthecook

United States
    Map
    Actually, this is the first Ducati that I'd actually buy. To me, it's got a good feel, ergo wise, not the most painful, but not bad either. I'd change out the seat for a Sargeant(sp?), the foot pegs(they look cheap), and replace the heat shield with a carbon fiber unit. Other than that, I'd leave it alone. I've sat on most moder sport bikes, and to me, this one feels right in the middle, ergo wise that is. I thought the seat of the Honda CBR 929/954, and 1000RR, as well as the RC-51 was nothing more than a vinyl covered 2X4. Although, I'm rather spoiled by my VFR, so that'll explain some preference. This is defiantely a bike that I would buy. If your near Trier in Germany when you hit southern France, hit me up an the forum, might be able to arrange a ride, or something.

18. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Douglas you saying they are lose in Europe to buy? Crazy lucky fools, Damn. I'm not worried about getting one, as like a lot of new models there's a lot of lookie loos, talk is cheap, buying one is a whole nother thing. Read in a new spainish article that they felt with the clip-ons being 20mm higher, seat being lower further back will aid in the fit it more for the masses, not just jockeys. I'm with you RW. but sitting on one at the dealer will not tell you anything, yea it'll no bout get the juices flowing really good and feel great, but really for me it's a ride thing not just to look what I've got posser thing, I'm going to ride the beast.So before I put down any Ben Franklin's I need to ride one. Period. I like what I have, it's 90% of what I need. but yea love what Ducati has brought to the table..only time will tell what will happen here

Ho ho ho Merry Christmas

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  19. douglasthecook

United States
    Map
    Yeah, you can get them here, but they're really spendy. All bikes here are. The current V.A.T. (value added tax) on everything you buy is 16%. Supposedly it's going up to 19% next month. We get a form to fill out, so we don't have to pay the tax, but things here are still more spendy than in the States. That's why we were trying to buy in the States, and opt ofr a Factory pick up. We thought that would be really cool. But as it stands now, it's a no go. Oh well. such is life.

20. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I know this was salesmanship, but the sales manager told me that they were only getting in 6 for the year and they already had 4 non refundable deposits, I can't imagine Ducati not making a lot of these available.

Test rides seem to be getting harder and harder to come by, usually I do a ton of research on anything I buy and it has never let me down, 381 pounds with an engine from hell, Kick ass suspension with Brembo brakes and it will rail with almost anything, how could it go wrong.

Posser thing??? I'll leave that to the boys who meet at Starbucks with their Ducati leathers while I'm in Neah Bay...