1. radicaledward

radicaledward New Member

United States
    located in: Boston, MA

I have a 1986 VFR 750 (RC24) that I bought in 2013. Was definitely dropped before I got it, and I have dropped it once. I'm not mechanic, so excuse my noobiness.

Here is its current condition:
    Starts, engine runs fine, and though carbs were rebuilt last year, it sat up here all winter and I can tell it either needs valves adjusted or fuel lines cleaned, or something.
    Probably needs a new battery - I can start it by jumping, but the battery seems to be holding no charge. Battery was replaced 2 years ago, but again, NE winter (which I'm new to)
    Clutch: I have no clutch pressure. I've replaced slave cylinder, I've bled it multiple times, but I suck and there is probably air in the line I'm not able to get to. This is the only active issue preventing me from riding it.

I have spent around $2000 last year getting the bike running after it sat for a couple years. It was running perfectly fine until I had it brought up to Boston where I haven't been able to do anything with it - especially with the clutch issue.

Physical condition: the fairings are done. You'll need a new L. fairing, the R. looks ok but if I were to hold on to it, I'd buy a whole new set of fairings from that company out in California that seems to sell them.

Everything else works well. If I had the time and expertise I would love to work on this and restore this bike, but I have to move out of here in a couple weeks and really want to pass it on to someone who can do a better job than I can.

I am asking for $500 and whatever the cost of towing/transporting it to you is. When I had it transported from FL to MA, I paid $400.

I've got to get rid of it before the end of this month and would love if a VFR enthusiast picked it up.

I will put up some pictures as soon as I can - just wanted to get this post up since I am so crunched for time.

Thanks

-A

Oh - and it has a clean FL title. I never registered it in MA so...

Edit: Pics added below

IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0490.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0498.JPG

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. 3dcycle

3dcycle Insider

United States
    Map
    got any pictures of it? I am in northern vt and could get it, I would be interested if the rear (tail) cowl is in good shape. I am resto modding one of these and that is the last piece I need.

3. cbx1260cc

cbx1260cc New Member

United States
    Map
    Asked for pictures as well , via PM, but none have shown up.

Come on "RADICALEDWARD" HELP us out.

4. radicaledward

radicaledward New Member

United States
    pics up guys - sorry about the delay.
    Some extra things I wanted to mention:

The clutch and brake fluid reservoirs - they usually have that clear rubber circular thing so you can see the levels - mine eroded away completely so I had the mechanic seal them with some type of epoxy sealant. They seem to be working fine with no evidence of leaking or stripping away of the epoxy.

Obviously the left fairing looks destroyed, but the right side is intact.

That rear cowl covering the second rider seat didn't come original with this bike - I bought it off of ebay from germany.

5. 3dcycle

3dcycle Insider

United States
    Map
    that tail looks like it may be worth to come get it, can you snap one more picture for me? the mounting tabs for the tail under the seat. that would be great thanks.

6. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    CBR wheels !! I'd buy that if i lived closer !

7. radicaledward

radicaledward New Member

United States
    will do - been working crazy hours so I am sorry I haven't had a chance, but I'll get one up tomorrow morning EST, or maybe tonight if I can get some good light in there. The tail section thankfully is fully intact, never had any issues or stuff breaking off.

8. radicaledward

radicaledward New Member

United States
    Here are some pics. The top most tabs look broken. every other mounting tab appears intact, including the side ones. Honestly, I wouldn't have realized they were broken...that rear cowl does not budge. Let me know if I can snap some more pictures.

IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0505.JPG

9. 3dcycle

3dcycle Insider

United States
    Map
    it does look good/ way better than mine.. mine is it 10 pieces. I do want it but need to figure the logistics to get it. what part of boston? I don't really want to drive into boston with a trailer if you know what I mean

10. radicaledward

radicaledward New Member

United States
    pretty much in the heart of Boston. Mission Hill/Roxbury. My apartment complex has a parking lot in the back which should have plenty of space for a trailer.

11. radicaledward

radicaledward New Member

United States
    Any other takers? Need to move out in a week so I am pretty desperate.

12. 3dcycle

3dcycle Insider

United States
    Map
    I would love to take it but I just had 2 other people tell me they are selling their vfrs that are local so I think I will be picking them up.

13. 3dcycle

3dcycle Insider

United States
    Map
    if you decide to maybe part it out I will take the tail

14. PaulieD

PaulieD New Member

United States
    Map
    is this still available?