Wanted 1992 VFR center stand /

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by How2, May 12, 2020.

1. How2

How2 New Member

United States
    Or --If you know how to modify (photos please) a 94-94 stand, I would like to know.

2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I just removed mine to install a Two Brothers exhaust. Not sure what they are worth and shipping right now may be a bear as I'm in Canada.

Attached Files:

3. Hingley

Hingley New Member

Canada
    I just removed mine to install a Two Brothers exhaust. Not sure what they are worth and shipping right now may be a bear as I'm in Canada.

You mentioned you are installing a two Brothers exhaust, is it the full system?, right or left side exit?
    Where in blazes did you find it?
    I have a 1990 in Nova Scotia

4. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I saw a left exit full system from a good manufacturer a while ago, I had the mind set at the time, "like I am soo busy and I am gona disturb a perfectly tuned bike just to have a left exit exhaust- WTF for?" Stuff is still out there for these bikes as amazing as it is. I got a colour matched piece of body work recently to replace one that cracked. I don't have a centre stand on either of my gen3 bikes and don't really want one as I used to have one on my Nighthawks and I used to drag the up swept arm on left hand turns consistently (that was in NJ though.) I have a nice Lockhard single sided stand that I have used since I bought my original bike back in 95. oh yeh I forgot another bike detractor regarding the left exit system is you have to remove the muffler to get the service stand on the hub (not a deal killer-deal killer is pulling carburetors and dicking with jetting.) just food for thought Vegan only :crazy:

Attached Files:

5. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    It is a full system, LH exit. I've had them on some of my other 3rd gens in the past and I love them. This particular unit I found here on VFR world in the classifieds last spring. It was attached to a project bike that I picked up in New Jersey. So it was in pretty rough shape and it took a fair bit of work to get cleaned up and sorted out but IMHO it was worth the effort. My bike already had a Vance and Hines S2R slip-on and was jetted rich enough to handle the TBR system.

Story and pictures here; https://vfrworld.com/threads/jethros-back-again-just-like-a-bad-penny-eh.58251/

6. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map

My last TBR system allowed for service stand access without muffler removal. This one has an oval can which makes it much tighter but you can still get it in there. The system doesn't do a ton for performance although I have seem dyno tests that show real gains above 8k, like in the vicinity of 20hp at 11k. But who rides there? I like it for the sound and appearance.

Attached Files:

7. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I feel Yah! peace

8. How2

How2 New Member

United States

Hello

As the Corona Virus has hammared everybody, and people are fighting over toilet paper, I guess cost is not terribley competitive.

What do you want for your center stand? I am in Nothern California.