1995 VFR so far...

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by algarbrem, May 30, 2018.

1. algarbrem

algarbrem New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I got this VFR as a non runner back in February, and with the help of some of the guys here on this forum it's been back on the road since March, and i thought i'd just post the little jobs i've done so far that have made a difference or might be constrewn as generally interesting.

To get the thing back on the road, it needed;

Rebuilt Forks
    Rebuilt Callipers
    Floating Discs on the front freeing up
    Carbs stripped and jets de-clogged after sitting since 2012
    Rear disc completely replaced with that of a nearly new VFR800 fi model from 1998
    A fuel pump where the old ones seals had rotted through and rusted the thing inside out
    Chain and sprockets
    Fluids changed

It had been a few years since i'd ridden myself before buying this, and assumed that all of the peculiarities riding this bike must have been to do with me being rusty, this was until i had a go on some other bikes and realised that perhaps those antique rotten tyres and the geometry with my ample 6,6 frame probably contributed to making the bike run wide or give poor feedback.

I just recently came by some pirelli supercorsa 2 tyres really cheap so i thought to hell with it, it's a 180 but we'll see how it goes so i've had those on and things are looking better.

I also dropepd the front by 5mm as recommended somewhere on here, and now the turn in is much faster, and it holds a line and holds the road, all in all a pleasure to ride!

The bike came with Motad front pipes and a stock muffler, so i got my hands on what i think is a blackwidow slip on and popped that on, but i think i'm going to have to have it rejetted if i want to ride with no baffle, as it has huge holes in the fuelling and runs a bit lean with it out, so i suppose that's the next thing i'll try my hand at :)

I'll try and post some photos of her up here soon

Thumbs likes this.
  2. algarbrem

algarbrem New Member

United Kingdom
  3. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Well done, fine looking bike

I ran those tyres on my CCM Supermoto and loved them, they need to get hot before they're OK to lay right over .. I never managed 2,000 miles out of a pair tho, possibly due to the big bore kit and 1/2 race cam