2003 VFR800 Purchasepurchasing a new VFR in the n

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Dragun_Slayer, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Dragun_Slayer

Dragun_Slayer New Member

Map
    I am planning on purchasing a new VFR in the next month or so and was curious if there is any problems that plague the new VFR's that I should be aware of.

I currently own a Magna and have found it to be almost bullet proof. I am wondering if the VFR is of the same status.

Kevin Reinhold
    MRA Secretary
    MRA #270
    www.magnariders.com
    www.magnaluver.freehomepage.com/welcome.htm

2. vfr-xander

vfr-xander Guest

Re: 2003 VFR800 Purchasepurchasing a new VFR in th

the bike kicks ass. just be mindful of the vtec coming in at 7,000 rpm and above. i haven't done it, but i've heard rolling on throttle through that range in a curve can be a little shocking. just stay above or below it...

otherwise, enjoy yourself.

3. BigGuy

BigGuy New Member

Kevin Hi,

You are about to purchase a problem-free bike. The specs of the bike are something that you are already informed of and therefore you know what you are going to buy. As soon as you get on the bike you realise that Honda new you are going to ride it (unless you are 8 feet high).

As far as entering the vtec zone while cornering will trouble you only on extremely bad road conditions. However, you should always keep in mind that it's coming.

Enjoy riding...!

4. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

It's a great, all-around machine and really does a lot of things very well. You'll enjoy it! ;D I've got 5K miles on my 02 and zero maintenance issues so far. It just goes! ;) Ride safe!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

:-/
    I've got a '02 and received a recall notice on the volt regulator -- I brought it in to get it replaced some time ago and thought everything was fine. Well, it turns out that there still is a problem -- I brought it into a dealership in s.f. so I think perhaps part that was replaced is defective.
    Just an fyi ...

G