2008 Japanese Police 40th National White Bike Vehicle Competition - (March 2009 Edition of オートバイ mag

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by namaishi, Feb 18, 2009.

1. namaishi

namaishi New Member

Map
    2008第40回全国白バイ安全運転競技大会

This weekend I went to the Japanese grocery store Mitsuwa in San Diego that also has a Sanseido bookstore. After browsing some of the crazy manga stuff with my son, I went over to the car magazine section and was pleasantly surprised to find a magazine whose cover story had a shiny white VFR on the front.

As probably most of you know, Japan uses a heavily modified version of the 5th generation VFR800 called the VFR800P. This one has lots of lights, sirens, protective cages, extended mirrors, more upright handlebars, built-in GPS, and side and rear hard cases, among other goodies. I especially liked the little mini hard case on the back and can see how this could be practical.

They have some excellent pictures in the magazine, so I recommend picking up a copy if you get a chance. It also comes with an excellent DVD of the motorcycle competition, although you can find some snippets of it online. The magazine also has tons of reviews (in Japanese of course) and pictures, including some of the new CB400 which would be a nice fit for my wife. If you are in a large metropolitan area, you should be able to find a Japanese bookstore. Sanseido and Kinokuniya are probably the two most popular.

I have included some links and pictures below. If you go to Google and type in VFR800P, you can get all kinds of good stuff, including places that auction used ones.

オートバイ - "Auto-bike" or Motorcycle magazine - March 2009 Issue
    [​IMG]

Police Channel - This includes some nice video snippets.

Japanese Police Car Site - VFR800P
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Model Car Blog - Honda VFR800P
    [​IMG]

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hey, My nephew is in Japan maybe I can ask him to pick me one that look cool.
    BTW, Welcome back

3. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

I found parts off of a VFR800P on japan yahoo auction. I was watching TV and came across a show about what it takes to be a motor cop, and showed what they had to do. It looked pretty hardcore.....

4. namaishi

namaishi New Member

Map
    I found a VFR750P as well...

VFR750P
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the police Z car too.
    ??????Z????
    [​IMG]

5. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Very cool, thanks for posting.