2014 Deluxe $8888 NEW!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Lint, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
  2. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Get a loan from BB, she has plenty of dough!

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    It was a similar price that made me buy my 07.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Is that price OTD, or base price?

5. Badbilly

United States
    The vig would jack the price up aboot as much as the dealer will.

6. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    OTD. Not bloody likely

7. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Damn that is a great price :thumb:
    If it was in Oregon you don't have to pay sale tax.

8. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    Man if these get much cheaper I'm gonna have to seriously consider selling the 6th gen right when I've got it all set up how I want!

9. ragincanadian

ragincanadian New Member

[video=youtube;ipfeVOW00r4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfeVOW00r4[/video]

10. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yea either way, all though I really doubt thats OTD, still a very good price. almost good enough for a drive. Wonder if they have em in white ;)

11. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I could buy it with kittens dough! I get $700 for each one now. P1010125.jpg :guitar:
    The bike would end up costing around $10,000.

12. Badbilly

United States
    What might be found is buying the door too, to get the deal.

13. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

United States
    Map
    Read the fine print attached to the asterisk.

14. Texicans

Texicans New Member

John here and new to the forum. I came to inquire about value in a NOS '14 VFR800 in my metro. Both '14 Standard and Deluxe are available for approximately the same price quoted here (=/-$1,000 between the two). Is there real value here to buy a VFR as NOS or better value going with a low mileage used model? I'm not aware of difference in the '14-'16 models. Just curious if its worth chasing an 8th gen this way.

Rather than posting a new thread, I'll ask my question here for anyone that cares to answer. Does anyone have a feel for the difference between a Street Triple R and a VFR800? I have a '12 STR that I love, however it's not the easiest bike for me to commute on. I one foot it at lights and walk the bike out of parking spots. I think if this were a dedicated weekend bike or track back, I wouldn't mind. I recently relocated back to TX from DC metro. As a commuter, I think it will prove too challenging in the stop and go Dallas traffic. With a low seat option, full fairing, and available torque I think I'd have a better time commuting with some handling sacrificed. I'm just trying to gauge what the trade off would be. I wish I could commit to track days, but a 18 month old son, wife, dog and work will make this more challenging. I think a better commuting bike would keep me riding and not just looking at a pretty bike in the garage. Thanks for any input. Any thoughts on how to better frame my choices are welcomed. I've been riding for 8years post H.S. dirt bikes and am always open to new ideas and opinions.

-John

15. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    What prices do you see on the 8th gen vfrs? I'm not aware on any differences 14-15.
    Ive ridden 13 str base and it's the most fun street bike I've been on. I think it's way better for commuting if you don't need bags than Vfr. It's so nimble and more upright which is perfect for around town. Not so much fun once you get on a highway passed 75mph. I know the R model is a little taller but the bike is so light that I would rather be on it than Vfr even though the seat is about an inch lower in the lowest setting. VFR excels if you are looking to get on a highway and secondary roads for longer trips, it's got better wind protection and position for high-speed cruising.

16. Texicans

Texicans New Member

Tiutis - Local DFW dealer has 8th gen 2014 Std and Dix models (both red) at $7.8k and $8.8k, respectively. I'm sure this is before fees, etc. I bough my '12 STR the same way, 2YR old left over in Jan '14 for $8.5k. I'm in no hurry and figure this time next year there will be similar deals on 2015's. Seems like these VFRs aren't moving too fast. I struggled with not buying a BMW 2011 F800ST new old stock in Jan 2014. I was easily on the ball of my feet with the OEM lowered suspension and lowered seat. Dealer wanted a $2k premium over used full retail. Had to walk on that deal and found my STR. I love the Triumph for all the reasons people like these bikes, but I just don't know if my riding style/needs fit the bike. If I could convince the wife, I'd make the VFR my third bike and be all set (Nighster, STR, and VFR).

Your feedback has been very helpful. I hope others chime in. I know I need a test ride, but I don't want to put a dealer through bike prep for me to take one for spin if I don't think I'd pull the trigger in the next 30 days. Thanks again and have a great weekend. Its sunny riding here after a stormy mid-week.

17. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Yeah, you get to pay the sales tax when you bring it back to CA and try to register it......

18. Badbilly

United States
    I wonder if ya buy a bike in California and bring it to Oregon, a refund is provided? We may have a reciprocity failure here.

19. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi John and welcome to the MadHouse:welcome:

When you get time please swing by the "introductions" section of the forum and say Hi to the rest of the folks on here. They are mostly freindly and really like photos - so even if you don't have a VFR at this stage a photo of the STR will be fine.

:focus:

I have a Street Triple and a 6th gen VFR. They are very different bikes mostly used for different purposes.

The faired VFR is longer, heavier and a lot more stable, which is great for long haul touring and motorway runs. The same journeys on a naked bike can be far from fun especially in rain or windy conditions where a gust of wind whilst passing a truck can see the STR suddenly shoved across the lane. The STR is really a hooligan machine completely at home on the real twisties which we have here in the Alps. Its light, agile and quick to repond. The Street Triple R has a slightly higher seat height than the basic Street Triple which may explain why you are one footing at stops. It does however imply you may really struggle with the VFR, well at least until you customise the seat padding. Comparisons of seat height alone are slightly misleading as the Street Triple seat is narrower than the VFR. It is however possible to considerably narrow down the VFR seat padding and still have a very comfortable seat, or replace the stock seat with one of the many custom options. Whichever way you go if you do buy a VFR - my guess is you will want to modify the seat and even then it will probably result in you achieving a similar one foot down solution at stops.

You should however note the real problem with the VFR is the weight and its relatively top heavy distribution, especially with a fairly full fuel tank hence they are quite notorious for tip overs...

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/44298-You-dropped-it-how-many-time!

You said you were open to other suggestions - if you are really looking at a commuting bike then perhaps before looking at a VFR arrange a test ride on a Daytona 675 - pretty much the same weight and agility as the STR but with fairing to make commuting a whole lot more pleasant.

Take care - let us know how you get on.

SkiMad

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States