2019 riding season Maine

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by John painter, Mar 22, 2019.

1. John painter

John painter New Member

Time to pull the old girl out of her winter sleep and start to prep for the season! Weather is snowing today, but warming even as the snow falls, mid 50’s by next weekend.

After spending a goodly part of last year trouble shooting getting her running, cleaning carbs, fuel pump issues, new rubber, etc I have a fair amount of confidence in the bike. So, I’m working out some riding plans - sick of riding in the car all winter. My new dilemma is what type of saddle bags can I fit on an ‘85 VF500? My Wolfman Beta Plus worked great on both XR600 and 250L but is not fitting so well on the Interceptor.... hmmm. Did Honda make bags for the Interceptors?

2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    The VF500Fs don't have really good bodywork for luggage. But I have found my Cortech bags adapt well to a few bikes. Haven't tried on my VF but they fit good on the 86 VFR, but that has more slab sided bodywork.

Good luck.

John painter likes this.
  3. John painter

John painter New Member

That’s good info, thanks! I think I have seen either an OEM or aftermarket rack that attaches to the frame somehow. I’m tempted to fabricate something if I can’t find something to help me get a few items stored on back.

I find the ergonomics on the Interceptor actually very good for touring.