27th annual Oyster Run '08 Sunday September 28th

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by KrautBurner, Sep 26, 2008.

1. KrautBurner

KrautBurner New Member

OYSTER RUN 08'

anyone going?

I've got a small group meeting in Bremerton to take the Kingston Edmonds Ferry then ride (non slab) up to anacortes

if you're interested,
    send me an email

KrautBurner2@gmail.com

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    LOL, you're killing me, didn't we just have a talk about this? :wink:

3. BenzTech

BenzTech New Member

I was there for a good part of the day, anyone know anything about the big accident?

4. Longerfellow

Longerfellow New Member

United States
    Map
    I saw this on Craig's List this morning:

Ok so I don't think I am going to be to popular with riders of crotch rockets but right now I am not caring.... So here is what happen, A group of friends, and my Boyfriend and I started out with our Harleys on the ride to Oyster run, we are going north on I-5, when out of no where a group of them go ziping in and out of traffic, I would have to say they were going well over 75-80 miles and hour, the 5 or so of our group in the front suddenly start slowing down, so my boyfriend and I (we or on his Road King) start slowing down too, and OH GOD, next thing I know I hear brakes being applied, and I feel us being hit from behind, I turn and look and I can see someone rolling down the freeway and someone eles sliding down the freeway like they are on ice, thier bike rolling after them, it is on fire!!!! I can't see who it is but I know my best friend is behind me. It wasn't her but it was a member of our group, the person I saw tumbling down the freeway was a woman in our group and she was airflighted to the hospital and her husband went via ambulance, IT WAS A VERY BAD EXPIERENCE!! I am writing I guess to say a couple of things really, one I later found out that the crotch rockets swerving in and out of traffic cause someone in a car to swerve off of the freeway, and they never stopped, two I will always wear full leathers when riding now after seeing that poor woman. And three I thank God my boyfriend is such a great rider, that after we were hit from behind that we didn't go down with the bike that hit us. We have gone to the Oyser run before but I don't think that I will be going back after this year it has gotten way to big

5. BenzTech

BenzTech New Member

Wow, That sucks!

6. thesuper8

thesuper8 New Member

yeah, but...

that does suck, and i feel little pangs of guilt, because i've been that guy- freaking out the locals because i'm so taken with my own mad skills...
    on the other hand, i don't know if that's worse than the other extreme: people who are on two wheels who are too timid and unaware to properly operate their vehicles. kind of like the retirees in huge rv's clogging up the coast highway...
    their antiquated machinery doesn't do them any favors either because it doesn't allow them to get out of harm's way when it comes.
    again, there's plenty of blame to go around.