3rd-4th Gen Engine Case Covers

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by douglasthecook, Dec 12, 2012.

?

Interest in woodcraft clutch side engine case cover

Poll closed Jan 2, 2013.
  1. YES!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Umm, no thanks.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Maybe, depending on price.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    I have contacted Eric Wood, president of Woodcraft Technologies about making clutch side engine covers for the 3rd and 4th Gen VFR's. Basically in order for this to happen, he needs a firm order for 25 at the minimum, and a 50% deposit to be paid up front. If there is interest for 25 of these, we can proceed and see what pricing would be, but until then, he can't really say. In a previous e-mail, he said that development time is around 100 hours, and these would be made when time allows, as they are busy ramping up their 2013 product line. His e-mail to me is below. If you are interested, please let me know, and I'll get a list going.

Hello Douglas,

This is tough to answer but I would go with twenty-five at the bare minimum. We would need a firm order to be shipped in one lot with a 50% deposit upfront. It would require a 16-20 week lead time due to current products in development and the prevailing production schedule. This make/model/year is not being used in the race circuit although we know it is a popular sport bike. That is why they would be designed and made to order with these stipulations.

This time of year we are gearing up for the next season for in line products and busy developing new ones for 2013 introduction.

If this is a possibility we can continue this conversation. I wish the answer was simple but I must be upfront. We can assure you the covers would be to your approval 100%.

We appreciate your interest in Woodcraft products.

Best regards,

Thanks,

Eric Wood
    President
    Woodcraft Technologies Inc.
    978-297-2977
    Fax 978-297-2922
    Woodcraft Technologies