Accessories for Sale Sold/Gone Don't know how to UnPost4th G wrecked, parts whatever worth

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by RedMenace, May 16, 2020.

1. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Pair of Grab handles with hdwre
    Set of foot pegs with hdwre
    Power Buss (?) for accessories- Blue Sea brand, fit well underseat.
    Left Strake
    Master cylinder rebuild kit- still in bag, orig price 40 bucks

Have no idea what they are worth and don't have time or energy to figged it out. Just send your address and an offer and I will go down to shipping store in about 2 weekends and fire them off. If nobody offers for them, I will just send them to a random address! ha, ha! Just can't stand to throw things away, but have no storage and getting rid of things I don't have a use for.

Attached Files:

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    lets hear the sad story ?

3. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hey Squirrly!
    Nothing much. I was turning left into a parking lot. It was near an interstate on-ramp, at rush hour. There were two lanes of traffic, stopped in line for a quarter mile. Two cars made an opening for me, and I was basically waddling/walking the cycle through the gap. I guess I was distracted by drivers who made opening? I was nodding and 'tipping my cap'" to them for being nice. Unbeknownst to me, there was one more lane to cross. A bus lane. A younger person had pulled out of the stopped line of traffic, and was moving pretty fast to get up front, to the light, and turn right. She didn't see me emerging from stopped traffic, and somehow I didn't see her. Dodge Charger. Hitting me broadside on the right of my cycle, the VFR was tossed about 10 feet, I went about 20 feet. Had a helmet and good gear on. My right foot got crushed pretty good, some stitches, no broken bones. Couldn't ride, or drive a car, for weeks. Cycle was totally busted up. Could still roll, but all plastic was shattered, everything had road rash or bent. I think insurance gave me 1200 for it. It was a great cycle that made me happier than any other. But it wasn't worth much money. I've got a 1997 BMW R1000S, now. It isn't a patch on a Honda VFR.

ridervfr likes this.
  4. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Pipple like you are responsible for the slow down on the high/way/by/ways when there is an accident, you lift your right foot and "rubber-neck" I just say
    "NO" to rubber necking and use my horse blinders I gots in the jalopy and look straight ahead (WTF am I tawking aboot?) peace Ice-Hunchin

5. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    You can't stop the Squirrel Man. You can only hope to contain him!
    It is good to learn about accidents. Consider myself a careful rider. I was turning Left, so it was my responsibility to make sure traffic was clear. Was lulled into complacency because all traffic was stopped, was pulling into my destination, didn't even perceive the third lane. Have no idea how the lady didn't see me. I'm basically standing up, wearing a red jacket + silver helmet and am 2 feet taller than a car. Two people at rush hour, probably had our minds on other things.
    I do watch YT vids of moto accidents. It is a learning experience. ID the mistakes people make. Gotta be defensive!

SquidTourer likes this.
  6. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    very sorry to hear about your misfortunate accident and the loss of your bike. :toiletclaw: any help from insurance ?

7. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Dan Dan the Fire Man? he is good, we are geezers with lots of road miles under our belts, I never take anything for granted even if I make eye contact with the driver. I do rely on looking at their wheels/tires to see if they came to a complete stop, lots of other little tricks to make you a safe, efficient rider. Peace, glad you came out of it ok, thats all that counts, I never want to contain anyone btw :smile:

8. SquidTourer

SquidTourer New Member

United States
    Sent you a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk