4th Gen VFR750 Stolen... Replaced it with a 5th Gen VFR800

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by bullit199, Oct 25, 2018.

1. bullit199

bullit199 New Member

United States
    Map
    I don't post that often and the more that I think about that it's primarily that my trusty 1994 VFR750F has been so reliable. But as the title mentioned, the bike was stolen from my carport back on Oct 3rd of this month. Kind of a shock and kind of bittersweet.

The fairings were rough but other than that the bike was performing beautifully. I had already clocked 32k miles in a little over 2 years. So I filed a police report, submitted the insurance claim and had to wait a little over 2 weeks for a total loss. I just happened to search Craigslist within 3 hours of a bike getting dropped another $1000 and found a motivated seller. I got my insurance check the day after buying this 1999 VFR800FI with 34k miles on it.

I will miss my 750 but I do look forward to owning this 5th gen. The 4th gen was worth a bit more than I expected and the seller was getting deployed by the military. The total difference between insurance check and the 5th gen VFR800 was about $300. Bike is 5 years newer and 37k less miles. I got to say its been a moment to realize there are silver linings in life sometimes.

IMG_3245.JPG IMG_3246.JPG

Riding a 2000 and Samuel like this.
  2. Blackslide

Blackslide New Member

Finland
    Good thing you got your @$$ covered by insurance.

Those shiny wheels look nice!

Riding on the storm

3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Must be all that clean living!

Bike looks great, glad it worked out for you!

4. Zapp

Zapp New Member

United States
    Map
    Very nice looking bike and glad it worked out for you. Basic question, is the 5th gen the first of the series with fuel injection?

Do you have any plans to secure the new bike in the carport after the theft?

5. bullit199

bullit199 New Member

United States
    Map
    5th gen is the first fuel injected bike in the series. It's really weird too because it has a choke for very cold weather but I've yet to need it. The bike will be behind a locked wood gate at home. A giant chain to the carport and a motion/vibration alarm are probably the next step.

Riding a 2000 likes this.