5th Gen - Mirror Problems

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by PLCBithead, Sep 21, 2006.

1. PLCBithead

PLCBithead New Member

Hello;

I've owned my yellow Y2K for a little over a month, and generally love the bike, HOWEVER.... The mirrors are $H*&&^!!!, sorry for the harsh words. I have two seperate problems with them
    1. I can only see behind me in the RH mirror, I've tried adjusting the LH mirror outward, however I mostly just see my left shoulder.
    2. Mirrors vibrate very much bad at Highway speeds. at 70MPH, Forget about it!

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    PLCbithead:smile:

2. freewheelburner

freewheelburner New Member

United States
    There is a hex bolt at the base of that stem. tighten that and it will stop alot of the vib. If you pay attention to your revs you can get the image to clear up when you want to. Just one of those VFR things I guess

3. PLCBithead

PLCBithead New Member

Thanks Freewheelburner, I'll give that a try

4. Justin-credible

Justin-credible New Member

Map
    that brings back memories

well, i had a 2001 vfr and let me tell you, stumbling across this thread brought back the memories. The next bike I bought was a 2004 ZX636R, orange with gold speckles in the paint, nicecst sport bike in my town.

Right the mirrors....I found the vibration comes through the whole front fairing vibrating, windshield and all. I actually would stuff a ball cap between the windscreen and the dash, worked like a dream....maybe a red green fix, but I used to carry the hat inside my jacket anyway....Justin