6th gen ergo and performance advice!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by ubermaxii, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ubermaxii

ubermaxii New Member

Hey guys. So it's finally warm and I have been buttoning up the custom mufflers I made for my 2008.

Now, to do all the stuff I have been dreaming about...

Seat - I want something extremely firm. Sounds like I am one of the few who might go Corbin? I'm 6'5" and close to 300 lbs so you can imagine how tingly my lower parts get on that stock seat! Any input??

Pegs - I'd love to lower these things. I know there is a Buell peg that might work (need clarification) but I am wondering if anyone out there makes an official lowering kit (about an inch or so)?

Windscreen - I need the tallest available. What is it? And that being said, how dumb does it look? I like the SPORT aspect of this bike and I'm trying my best not to kill it!!

Handle risers - never, ever messed with them. Any opinions?

Performance - Any opinions on the power comander? I have very, very open exhaust now and I want the bike to know what's going on and to compensate :)

Oh, by the way - once i polish my exhaust creation I'll take pics and am planning on offering my welding / fab skills to members. Feel free to jack this thread with welding requests! lol

Thanks a bunch guys!:cool:

2. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    Seat - Corbin is very firm and my butt had plenty of wiggle room (i'm 6'4" 240)

Pegs - Yes and Yes, but i dont have the details for either, but have seen both

Windsreen - I have a double bubble on my 5g and i prefer the looks of that over stock. the wind also hits me right at upper chest/neck level so my helmet still get plenty of clean air. I dont know how long you torso/arms are as that will make a difference. I have not seen taller windscreens in person.

Handlebar Risers - The stock 5g and stock 6g are very similar in ergo's. I have ridden my 5g for 6+ hours in one day and have come away fine. I have also tried out Gen Mar risers on Toe Cutter's 6g and i didnt like them. This could be due to the fact I only used them for a short time (about 30 miles) and Toe has them installed to his liking. If I could have adjusted them to me, the story might be different.

Power Commander - I have no opinion on this as I dont have one on mine and do not own a 6g, but i can say that Toe swears by it and states that it is a must have for the 6g.

And lastly...:worthless:

3. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
  4. ubermaxii

ubermaxii New Member

Thanks for the info! Have you tried the Sargent seat also or just the Corbin? Everybody seems to go on and on about how poor their customer service is but, I really can't imagine why I would call. If it doesn't arrive in good shape, I'll return it (or not even sign for it).

Oh, and pics of what? My Veefer? She's '08 grey - nothing too interesting. I did remove the license plate mud flap thing - there is a black metal support piece behind it that, with a few washers, will accept the stock light and holder. Doesn't move the plate back or anything but looks much, much cleaner! I'll probably post a how-to with pics if there isn't one already.

5. FLYNVFR

FLYNVFR New Member

Map
    Hey uber, I have just put on some Heli bars, and it is a great improvement for me, my shoulders and hands used to hurt after even 30 min, now I have ridden for over 2 hours and no more hurt. I did go to a class about body positioning, if there are any tracks around you, look into the classes. I am doing more myself. I have a Corbin seat, just little to hard for me and I will be putting temper foam in it or taking it back to Corbin (I live sorta near the factory) and have them change the position of the butt bump and foam pack. Here is a thread about changing your exhaust, seems it would be somthing like just putting anouther brand on. They don't think it has effected the bikes peformance at all, you would need a dyno and need that last .5hp at 10k rpm. But I believe TOE, and I will be putting a power commander on asap. Two things that it improve are low speed turns, like in a parking lot, not so touchy and smooths out the VTEC. I don't run that hard and the VTEC really doesn't bother me, kinda like the passing gear.Put more info on your profile unless your under a witness protection plan. Pics would help

RT

http://vfrworld.com/forums/mechanics-garage/22382-exhaust-gut.html

6. ubermaxii

ubermaxii New Member

Cool! Thanks for the info guys! I'll take some pictures tonight with my gf's camera to entertain the masses :p

7. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member