83 VF 750 F matching carb?

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Interceptron83, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Interceptron83

Interceptron83 New Member

I just recently bought a VF 750 F year 83 with a friend of mine for cheap. The previous owner already began disassembly of the bike and so it comes that the carb is pretty much garbage. Fuel hose broken, missing screws, springs, one throttle valve broken. On top it's dirty as hell. We do not have the equiptment to repair it on our own and a shop would probably cost us as much as a 'new' one. My question is which carbs fit on the 83's engine? I have layed my eyes on a 84' carb on ebay, around 300$ with shipping and wanted to know if it fits. We've alredy searched on Junkjards and such but nothing to find where we live. I also heard that the carb from the Sabre would fit, is that info any good? Thanks alot for your help!

2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    83-85 VF700/750F carbs will work. 49 state and California. You will have some vents to plug on a California set and the jets will be slightly different, but they would work just fine.

Make sure the bike (engine) is worth putting money into, check condition of the cams and rockers before proceeding any further.