'83 vf750

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by creaky, May 13, 2012.

1. creaky

creaky New Member

United States
    My 26 yr. old grandson rode my 500 a while back and fell in love with it...so...we have been looking. Found this '83 750 on CL, kicked the tires and rode it yesterday, he's picking it up Monday. The bike has 25K on it, been regularly ridden, stored inside. It looks great. No evidence of having been down, a couple of minor paint chips on the tank, no abrasions or scuffs anywhere else. The engine sounds great, no ticks or clatter, runs smoothly to redline with no hiccups or flat spots. The rear tire is just about done, front not bad, we will be tire shopping and it needs a speedo cable. Needless to say, the grandson can't wipe the smile off his face, particularly since he got it for $1400. The pic is from the CL ad, we will post pics later.

Attached Files:

2. Apittslife

Apittslife New Member

Map
    Congratulations to both of you! :high5:

If it wasn't for the Aftermarket Cans, I would be asking how you stole my bike. :bigsmile:

3. creaky

creaky New Member

United States
    That was about the only thing that disappointed me about the bike, both of us would prefer the original mufflers..but..the Trapps do sound pretty good.