85 Interceptor Fuel Pump and Petcock Setup

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DayoTallymon, Jul 29, 2018.

1. DayoTallymon

DayoTallymon New Member

United States
    Hi all,

I am putting a 1985 Interceptor together but have questions on a few items that were missing when I got the bike. There was no fuel pump and the vacuum lines to the petcock were not present.

I see that one vacuum line should attach to the petcock from the manifold but which port does it connect to, #1 or #2? Also, where does the other line come from or connect to?

The bike has a fuel pump but it's not connected and I see no fuel pressure regulator. Is the fuel pump and regulator essential? I’d rather not buy a regulator if it isn’t necessary. Is it OK to resort to gravity feed since the bike is carbureted?

How is your bike's petcock setup for vacuum lines and what has been your experience with respect to a gravity feed setup?

Thanks

View attachment 78135

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    fuel pressure is regulated within the pump (3 psi), and if you keep the tank at least half-filled, gravity will be OK.

3. DayoTallymon

DayoTallymon New Member

United States
    Hey thanks! I just hooked up the fuel pump to a battery charger and it works so that takes care of the gravity feed issue. I will run lines from the tank to the pump then from the pump to the carb. Easy fix.

Now I just need to find out what's up with the two vacuum lines to the petcock. One or the other connects to the manifold but which one? And where does the other one connect?

4. DayoTallymon

DayoTallymon New Member

United States