86 VFR w/ YOSH slip on! pics and sound . .

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by vfromey, Nov 9, 2005.

1. vfromey

vfromey New Member

Canada
    Map
    got it installed early this summer, been a while since i've been on this forum, so here's a pic of the bike.

[​IMG]

here's what it sort off sounds like: click on "click to hear" (this is not my bike, the yosh can is smaller than mine,  i think yoshimura came out with 3 different sizes)

http://vfr.edsdiner.com/
    (if anyone's got info on where i can find that blue screen, lemme know!!)

[​IMG]

the bike runs magnificent and sounds absolutely SSSICK!! it just howls! there just nobody else out there with the same unique grunt, except for newer viffers with 4 into 1 aftermarket pipes, but this still sounds better!  ;D  it was fun putting it on the dyno at the sportbike rally in parry sound ontario. it dynoed at 81 horse, the 6th gen dynoed at only 91 hp, and that's with the v-tec. funny thing is, the rpms drops siginificantly before the vtech kicks in, so in effect, you loose power only to gain it back again. they shoulda left it alone!  there was a short drop at around 3/4 K rpm on the 86VFR, but i'm told that's due to the pipe. jetting is bang on i think.  it blew no smoke and ran smooth all the way. i'm very pleased!