'87 fork oil

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Guest, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi!

I just bought the bike in question and I need to replace it's fork oil. What grade should I use? What's the oil quantity?(in milliliters if possible). Is there a service manual available online, or at least some service data?

Thanks in advance.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Bump :)

3. wastedincome420

wastedincome420 New Member

Map
     I used Honda's 10wt in mine....
        Oil level=153mm (I'm not sure of the total quanity as you need to messure the level height, But I thin kI used about 1 1/2 pints when I also did seals, so they wer completly empty)
          *Oil level is messured from the top of the tube w/ the fork spring removed and the tube fully compressed.
         Ther is a tool mad e to make it easy to messure OR you can use a wooden dowel rod and make a line on it for 153mm, then use it as a dipstick adding fluid til you just get oil on the bottom of the dowel......(go slow its easier to add more the extract some of the fluid
         *The manual calls for ATF as a fluid which I think is closer to 5wt, but 10wt was recomended

Invest in a good "hard copy" of a repair manual as it much easier to refer to when you tooling on the bike..Go to ebay there pretty cheap

Hope this Helps