87' VFR RAT BIKE restoration / build

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by moz.c, May 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. moz.c

moz.c New Member

United Kingdom
    hi guys i am new to these forums and new to bikes too, i got my 87 vfr RAT BIKE about 8 months ago and after this long i still love the look. about 2 weeks ago i had a few issues of cutting out and spluttering so panels came off, plugs out (with a right game), one thing led to another and its now mostly stripped. when the bike was ratted it was painted with a few tins of black paint and nothing was left untouched, plastics, frame, loom, forks, swing arm and rims was painted too but with strips. so i thought "stuff it ill just repaint it" but as i looked at it a rat style bike with no front and lower side plastics and the rear end cut off it wont look right without a ratty style color. i found a few street fighter style bikes that was appealing to me so i started looking at convertions for the 87 vfr like SSSA and forks swaps till i got to a point where i sort of know what i want my bike to end up like. where i am at at the moment is frame, engine , swing arm and rear wheel just for stripping all layers of paint. i am wrighting this thread for guidance as i tackle problems when i find them like transplant fitment, spacers do's and don'ts if you like so hopefully you "VFR GURU's" can help me with the quest for a safe and kool looking vfr street fighter

2. moz.c

moz.c New Member

United Kingdom
  3. moz.c

moz.c New Member

United Kingdom