'94-'96 clutch line routing

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Vlad Impaler, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    '94-'97 clutch line routing

I have fully dissasembled my brake and clutch lines and had custom SS lines fabricated by a local shop. I am now doing an install and don't recal how the clutch line was routed between the master and slave.:confused:
    Anyone have a description or pictures????
    Any help will be appreciated! I'd hate to get it all done and bled and find out it's binding on me.:frown:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  2. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    ^^^^bump^^^^

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Crazy LOL we're you suppose to take photos before you took it apart, Just giving you a bad time. Maybe I can help, pretty straight foward with the tank off and maybe the airbox you will see a route to the inside frame rail, so go from the master down heading a little of an angle like it was heading to the streering stem giving a bit of slack for steering issues you don't want, then bend towards the frame tuck it behind following the frame down to above the slave in where it should be a drop straight down. As far as brake lines go thats easy just straight down, might have to depending on how you want it to look use some sort of tie backs so they are not all over the place, all this depends on how the banjo ends on the lines were put on too as that also aids in the alinement. can be a trcky thing again depending on how you would like it to work, doubt very much if you can bend the lines to cause them to bind as you'll see that before it happens. I'm still not happy with the placement of my right side front brake line as it has a built in twist from the manufacture that doesn't want to lay the way I'd like, but it does work just fine. Hope that helps.

4. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    Thank you!!
    Hard time warranted! I was going along the lower (engine mount) rail instead of the main frame spar. The brakes are not with the original cross-over, but double banjo at the master, so I had to work that one out on my own anyway. So far, so good on that one, even though I haven't placed the calipers yet.
    Tank, air box, carb assembly etc. are off and out of the way for a clear eye-shot of your description. Off to the basement to put this to rest.

Thanks again! I'm attaching a pic' for your entertainment.

Attached Files:

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    That looks familiar, since you have it down that far instalation should be a snap. loo forward to seeing the finished product. It's worth the time as you have the best model IMO