95 VFR overhaul

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by 95VFRoverhaul, Mar 3, 2021.

1. 95VFRoverhaul

95VFRoverhaul New Member

United States
    Hey guys just bought a 95 vfr 750. My first bike so didn’t know much buying it. I got it for $700 with 40k miles. Compared to what I seen online it seemed like a good deal.

Problem though is it need new tires and worst of all new fairings! It’s missing the two sides. I figured I could buy a new set online for $400 but the 4th gen VFRs are non existent! I found one site selling them from the uk for 550$ but there just primed.

Just wondering if I got a good deal, and if anyone could sell some used fairings or point me in the right direction. Also what’s a good tire and the size of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomtank likes this.
  2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    good deal, yes, as long as things weren't too bent up from the bashings that destroyed the fairings.

almost all sportbike tires are very good-to-excellent, just vary by price, and use the sized listed in the owners manual.... which you need.

3. 95VFRoverhaul

95VFRoverhaul New Member

United States
    Bike is solid except for fairings. I got a minute before ridding will be an everyday thing so gonna tune up the bike get tires/breaks done and what not. Next pay and if all seems solid I’ll drop the cash on the fairings. I’m looking at $900 online for a full set or 500 for front/and sides unpainted. Sucks there so expensive cost as much as the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk