A bit of sunshine

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by diVeFR, Dec 4, 2013.

1. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    In a world where the press gets its rocks of by making money off of bad news... In a year where people abduct children and hold them hostages for 10 years, school shootings, and everything else that's taking this world to hell in a handbasket.... People getting hurt on their bikes either by cagers or by their own demise....I have this little happy tidbit to share with you guys... First and foremost I am very happy that my son is still here for me to enjoy my time with and I would like to share this little bit of good news.... Check out the video below. Pretty effin cool..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=51e_1385934620

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    WOW! That must have been quite a moment for all involved when they found him.

3. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Ironically enough, I recently received an e-mail from someone in Nigeria telling me they were trapped in a shipwreck and to please send help along with my SS number and bank account. Who would've known...

4. nih

nih New Member

Map
    amazingly the guy told me he was trapped in a shipwreck but he was a lawyer for a undisclosed relative of mine and if i paid his legal fees he could help me obtain my inheritance, all from inside a shipwreck.

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Really amazing that was. Actually happened a while back but just recently went viral on Facebook. I bet that diver shit in his wetsuit when the trapped man grabbed his hand.

On the original post on Facebook that I saw, first comments out of the peanut gallery was someone, seconded by another douche, something to the effect, "and they stopped to take a picture before they rescued him?" Obviously these two sluts did not bother to look at the attached video to that posting and see within a couple seconds, that the image posted was taken from a video camera the rescuer. People just want to immediately jump all over people who work in the public sector. Find whatever fault they can with every move they make. Makes me sick.

It is common place for recovery teams to record their recoveries. Often is the case, that a recovery will uncover criminal activity that lead to loss of life, so it is crucial to record what they see when they do any such recoveries.

But back to the original post. Agreed. With all the negativity from the media, all the bad shit being transmitted to us, all the death destruction and suffering, reports like this are very nice to see.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I heard he sold his story to a publisher and bought a Harley.

7. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    How fitting since he is already wearing ATGATT of a standard hardly rider :funky:

Randy....I would have screamed like a little girl and shit my pants twice if something in a sunken boat grabbed a hold of me like that guy did. Ive done body recoveries before on downed helicopters and its not fun.

I must have slept through the part of deep sea diver class where the camera was part of the required gear...Dive hat, check. Weight belt, check. Bailout bottle (scuba bottle), check. Two sharp knives, check. Cannon EOS 5D MarkIII camera with high-resolution image capture, 61-Point High Density Reticular AF and an extended ISO range of 100–25600 (expandable to 50 (L), 51200 (H1) and 102400 (H2) , 22.3 Megapixel full-frame Canon CMOS sensor, Canon DIGIC 5+ Image Processor, and shooting performance up to 6.0 fps....err Houston, I have a problem.

The camera is there for the divers safety. It makes for some really cool you tube videos.

8. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :hss: That is one miracle story there, thank for sharing my diving pal

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I'm surprised he was not suffering from hypothermia.