Aftermarket brake pads for 2002-2003?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by jasonhallman03vfr, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Has anyone fitted aftermarket brake pads on their '02 or '03. If so, your opinion please. If not, who makes 'em?

-Jason.

2. RedRocket800

RedRocket800 New Member

I have replaced my rear pads at 12,000 miles with EBC HH's. They grab a little better. Though, I don't use my rear brake much. Fronts were still good.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Not a Vtec, but second the recommend on the EBH HH pads.

Got them all around on my '99, and they offer more initial bite, better resistance to fade, and a nive linear feel.

Only negative is that they are slightly noisier than the stock pads. They don't squeak or squeal, they just make a zzzzzzzzzzzt sound when pinching the drilled rotors.

For reference, my buddy's stock zx-9r brakes are quite a bit louder. ZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

typo:

"*NICE*, linear feel" :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

EBC HH. Initially very grabby and sticky. They seem to have calmed down a bit once broken in. I have about 5k miles on them and they feel great and seem to be wearing well. No major rotor damage either.

6. brian_06328

brian_06328 New Member

United States
    Map
    I was looking today at the EBC HH pads, but I don't know what the difference is between the front/rear sintered pads, what's the deal there. Also, any good aftermarket rotors? I see EBC's look pretty good, what's the best bang for the buck.

7. NYMBYSS

NYMBYSS New Member

United States
    Galfer Pads Are Good Also The Green THE
    Ones.

8. jimn02

jimn02 New Member

the EBC pads are the same part # f/r. i just installed a set the other week. they work marginally better than the stock HH pads but i'm not finished with the break-in period yet.