Alright guys! Lets do the NEW YEARS RIGHT! Ventura County/LA County/Orange County RIDE!!!

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by VFRMAN44, Dec 28, 2012.

1. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Hows it going guys. VFRMAN44 here. Trying to set up another ride for after the new year. On the 12th of JAN. This time i'm doing a ride in the middle of Ventura County and LA County. Here's the ride. MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map Now Everyone in Ventura Area. Will be meeting at "A" at the Mcdonals/Shell station at 9am. Kick stands up at 9:30am. Then all the Ventura County people will meeting the rest of the LA County guys at "B" at 10am. Kick stands up at 10:30am.

I made these times that way people are hungry by the time we get to Newcombs. If you can't make it because of the times. Let me know. We could work on moving the times around. :cool:

If you have any questions. Let me know.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I may have to go up North again for a project that weekend but that's in limbo right now, so put me down for going. Although I think auto correct changed it from 'Newcombs' to "honeycombs".:wink:

3. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Okay. Just let me know! :cool: and thanks for that catch! Hahah

4. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Come on guys! Bump!!!

5. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    From us poor Canadians, and I imagine the Northern US members, currently living in the snow covered hills, you guys SUCK. LOL. Just finished shoveling 12" of snow off my driveway so I could get my car out of the driveway.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Never mind my PM----- I will definitely go IF I don't get called into work Fri night for Sat. ---- Roy

7. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Hahah, Sorry to hear that. You can always move to Southern Cali? Hahah

8. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Hey zoom zoom .......two words SNOW BLOWER...I lived in UT for five years and shoveled maybe tow weeks my first winter...boy do I remember how that sucks. We will post pictures....SORRY

9. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Bump! Just an update to everyone.... Looks like Newcomps will probably be getting some snow by Sat.... I rather not risk lives here.... OOTVS and I are trying to work out another ride plan... Its looking like it might be a Malibu ride.... That way its not as cold either. If you have any idea shoot us a PM. I'll have a ride posted probably by tomorrow lastest.

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

So with that... Here is the new route Mulholland Dr to Mulholland Hwy - Google Maps

We'll be meeting at McDonald's (101FWY and Valley Circle) @ 9:00AM (KSU @9:30A) and we'll head through Old Topanga Cyn Rd. to Tuna Cyn (You'll love this one), then up PCH to Las Flores with a little detour through Hume Rd. (a couple of super tight turns here) to Rambla Pacifica, then down Piuma Rd. to Malibu Cyn. Then head back to the coast, up to Latigo (Can you say twisty canyon road?) to Kanan Dume, then Mulholland and through Sycamore Cyn/Yerba Buena Rd to PCH with a stop at Neptune's Net. We'll come back through Decker Cyn./Encinal Cyn., through Mulholland and down through the 'Snake' to The Rock Store. At this point we can hang out and do whatever.

This message has been approved by VFRMAN44!

Cheers!

11. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Sweet! Thank you OOTVS. This should also be a great ride. Hopefully we can get some more guys to come.

12. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Hey guys, so how many riders are confirmed ? :party2:

13. OOTV

OOTV Insider

From the OC, there will be two riders...

14. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    So thats five including you right?

15. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I am one of the two...So far it's four

16. OOTV

OOTV Insider

HEADS UP: CHP closed the Grapevine today and there's snow falling in Wrightwood, Big Bear and Arrowhead. So Malibu is the better choice for riding, but there are frost advisory notices in So Cal for tonight and tomorrow night, so it will be a COLD ride on Saturday!

17. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Yeah. It will be a really cold one! EVERYONE buy some thermals!!! Big 5 has some for $12!!!

18. OOTV

OOTV Insider

As much as I hate to admit it, the Bilt 'Freeze Out' liners from Cycle Gear work pretty good. Right now the 'Freeze Out' stuff on discount (up to 75% off). The one piece suit is $49.99, the tops are going for $24.99, and bottoms for $19.99 and boot or glove liners $9.99. I've worn the top and bottoms, sometimes separately and some times together, and I've kept pretty warm, this is underneath my non-perforated leathers mind you. Most of the time I've just worn some Champion Sports wear under garments with decent results too. If you have "vented" gloves however, the glove liners don't do all that much.

19. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Miss the ride.......:frown:
    May be next time

20. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Left the house at 6:50A, left OC meeting point at 7:15A, left LA meeting point at 9:15A (we left earlier than posted time), then got home to Anaheim at 3:15P. That's about the same as a normal work day! Can't ask for more than that really. I think we covered just about every corner in Malibu today. The ride was cold this morning coming through Topanga Cyn. from PCH to the 101 (25F), but warmed up to 50F for most of the ride. Funny, when you stop is when you got cold, while moving the temps were very tolerable.

Saw very few riders until we hit the Snake and The Rock Store, but there were tons of bicyclist today! Had to take it slow in a few places as they were in huge packs! We only saw one LEO too, an LA County Sherif on a MC, and he was just hanging out at The Rock Store and left about 5 minutes after we got there.

All in all it was a great day to be riding in the 'Bu'!

Cheers!