An Epic Ride Begins

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by wrestler, Jul 19, 2010.

1. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    As soon as I get my throttle tube replaced today, I'm off on my epic ride. I hope it
    doesn't take forever to get it fixed. Here's the map.

CLICK FOR MAP LINK

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
  2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Map? Ride? I am oot of the loop on this one.

3. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    The ride is so epic it can't even be put on a map!

4. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry guys, I had trouble posting the map from Google. Decided to let it go so I could get going. As it happens this throttle tube problem is plaguing me. Can't find one. Matt had trouble with it while installing the throttlemeister for me. You got a throttle tube lying around Joey/??

Here's my itinerary. I have to do a program at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana after which I will head north into Canada and then east to Vermont and New Hampshire. I expect to leave Notre Dame on July 25 for Sault St. Marie to cross into Canada. 26 and 27 head for Ottawa. Hang out in Ottawa 27 and 28. July. 29, Ottawa down to Cornwall Island Bridge into the US (NY 138) and down to Montpelier, Vt., then on to Manchester. I'll be hanging out in NH until Sunday Aug. 1 when I head south to Catskill Mt., New York to play for a day with our man Seb on my way back to Atlanta by the evening of August 4 .

The moderators haven't approved my map so you can't see it.

5. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Wish I was going.Sounds like a hoot!

6. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    http://<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=809+Beckwith+St+SW,+Atlanta,+GA+30314&amp;daddr=South+Bend,+IN+to:Huron+St+to:SW+Bypass%2FTrans-Canada+Hwy%2FON-17+E+to:QC-148+E+to:Ottawa,+Ottawa+Division,+Ontario,+Canada+to:44.925918,-75.574951+to:NY-122+E+to:VT-17+E+to:Montpelier,+VT+to:Manchester,+NH+to:NY-7+W+to:Cairo,+ny+to:809+Beckwith+St+SW,+Atlanta,+GA+30314&amp;geocode=FUgEAwId6vD3-impGXzlZgP1iDGGIf9dSC5bbg%3BFbUJfAId6e3b-ikT02FKxDIRiDEEMqNvs9lKlw%3BFSbrxQId6vr4-g%3BFUaYxAIdWrUs-w%3BFfYntwIdfjh2-w%3BFfTstAId7u98-ykF1trmCPvNTDHFfacsJntn3g%3B%3BFXaErQIdwICR-w%3BFdr5oQIdtCym-w%3BFdtaowIdZZas-ykF6k3EjKe1TDE2WOtMCR6JBA%3BFbgPkAIdu6-9-ymjbGZo1k7iiTF5cTUfRjIEaw%3BFTLFjQIdsiWg-w%3BFV9uhQIdft-W-ykPCcg0XrfdiTHTne6WUoGrww%3BFUgEAwId6vD3-impGXzlZgP1iDGGIf9dSC5bbg&amp;gl=us&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dpe&amp;mrcr=3&amp;mrsp=6&amp;sz=8&amp;via=3,4,6,7,8,11&amp;sll=44.898687,-74.701538&amp;sspn=1.863781,3.779297&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=44.898687,-74.701538&amp;spn=1.863781,3.779297&amp;t=h&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=809+Beckwith+St+SW,+Atlanta,+GA+30314&amp;daddr=South+Bend,+IN+to:Huron+St+to:SW+Bypass%2FTrans-Canada+Hwy%2FON-17+E+to:QC-148+E+to:Ottawa,+Ottawa+Division,+Ontario,+Canada+to:44.925918,-75.574951+to:NY-122+E+to:VT-17+E+to:Montpelier,+VT+to:Manchester,+NH+to:NY-7+W+to:Cairo,+ny+to:809+Beckwith+St+SW,+Atlanta,+GA+30314&amp;geocode=FUgEAwId6vD3-impGXzlZgP1iDGGIf9dSC5bbg%3BFbUJfAId6e3b-ikT02FKxDIRiDEEMqNvs9lKlw%3BFSbrxQId6vr4-g%3BFUaYxAIdWrUs-w%3BFfYntwIdfjh2-w%3BFfTstAId7u98-ykF1trmCPvNTDHFfacsJntn3g%3B%3BFXaErQIdwICR-w%3BFdr5oQIdtCym-w%3BFdtaowIdZZas-ykF6k3EjKe1TDE2WOtMCR6JBA%3BFbgPkAIdu6-9-ymjbGZo1k7iiTF5cTUfRjIEaw%3BFTLFjQIdsiWg-w%3BFV9uhQIdft-W-ykPCcg0XrfdiTHTne6WUoGrww%3BFUgEAwId6vD3-impGXzlZgP1iDGGIf9dSC5bbg&amp;gl=us&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dpe&amp;mrcr=3&amp;mrsp=6&amp;sz=8&amp;via=3,4,6,7,8,11&amp;sll=44.898687,-74.701538&amp;sspn=1.863781,3.779297&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=44.898687,-74.701538&amp;spn=1.863781,3.779297&amp;t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

7. PONYBOY

PONYBOY New Member

Wow Ed, you weren't kiddin when you said epic journey or adventure or whatever you eluded to a while ago. Good for you sir, enjoy the ride. As for the throttle tube, it shouldn't take tooo long to replace on the fly, just order one and have it shipped somewhere you know you're gonna be. Seb's place perhaps?

8. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Ponyboy, Meatloaf is working on it for me. We will get it together. The greater is sharing my map with you guys on here LOL

9. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm working with ed on this. If someone has a throttle tube laying around and can ship it to me and be here by Thurs, please call me. Trying to find something at bikebandit or the like now. local honda dealer is sketchy on getting it here in time and aftermarket that the local honda dealer was able to get was $65 or so with my discount.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  10. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    Was able to do some cross referencing and found that Motion-Pro makes a throttle tube that fits, part number 0632-0213. I'm assuming it is a generic length tube that gets cut to length but is the correct diameter. Local dealer was able to order it and it will be here in two days and before Ed arrives. Crisis solved.

11. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    The first day was hot, rainy, even some lightening. I had to slab it from North Ga. mountains, Chatsworth, to Ky because of the storms and my unfamiliarity with the Zumo. It was an almost uneventful ride except for the old guy in Tennessee who insisted on giving me safety instructions on riding through the twisties on Tenn Rt 23 in order to get around the I 75 traffic jam. He's never ridden a bike in his life but "those things are dangerous". All things were well until ten miles after this pic when my soft bags slid off in the road. A 16 wheeler maneuvered over them without too much damage (just the rain covers) and a Ky State Trooper was behind him with flashing lights while I retrieved them from the road. At last troopers when you need them.
    Lesson of the day: Don't forget to secure the built-in bungies on your softbags to the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Can somebody tell me why this pic won't post?? What do I need to do? Is it a size question?

[​IMG]

13. virgo1962

virgo1962 New Member

It's ALWAYS a size question; That's what SHE said = LoL!

14. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Virgo. BTW, sorry you've been having that problem LOL

15. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I fixed your posts Ed. You had the wrong URL address down. Next time, click to fully open the picture, then "right"click on the picture and select properties. Once you do this, copy and paste where it says "Address: URL" and then paste that address inbetween the [​IMG].

Hope this helps.

16. park800

park800 New Member

Map
    Remember a bad day on the road is better than a good day at work. Have fun and next time I see you the beer is on me! :thumbsup:

Parker

17. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks, Jason

18. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey buuuuud. I wish you could be here getting in trouble with me. It is awesome. Check out my log on VFRD. I am trying to figure out how to include pics on there. Thanks for the shout out.

19. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    No prob mi amigo. I just fixed your map link as well. Have a safe and fun trip buddy!

Stop and check out Mackinac Island if you want some fudge and pasties in Northern MI. If you really feeling like getting some some scenery, take the 31 up the coast from Holland, and hug the west coast of the lower pennisula of MI all the way up thru Traverse City (great city). Before you get to TC you can take a left at Benzonia onto the 115 thru frankfort, then take it up to the Sleeping Bear dunes (they have a REALLY big dune you will tire out on if you climb down to to the water, pretty though), and if you are really digging the scenery, you can take the road all the way around the Leelanau Pennisula to TC. Have some lunch/rest at TC, then up thru Charleviox, then continue up thru the pretty town of Petoskey, the jump on a twisty road called M119 up thru a small ritzy town called Harbor Springs continue on until you hit cross village, then you can cut across back to good ole I-75, then take that up to Mackinaw City in time for a pastie! If you want, you could take a boat over to Mackinac Island and check that out. Then once across the bridge you can stop at Castle Rock right off of I-75 past St Ignace for a great view of the area. You have to climb up steps. If you want to really see a sight you can cut across towards Marquette to see the beautiful Pictured Rocks Shoreline overlooking Lake Superior. Tahquamenon Falls is pretty close to the pictured rocks if you want to see a decent sized waterfall. Lots more to see, but I know you have limited time. Neat to stop for lunch in Ste Saint Marie too and watch the huge freighters go thru the Soo Locks.

Sleeping bear dunes

[​IMG]

Pictured Rocks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:vtr2:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  20. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Anyone else notice the pink 5th gen?